Flopping Quads at Macau... What could I have done better?

J

jp3577

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This was the most memorable hand last year during Summer... I want to hear insights and what I could've done better... Visited Macau with a buddy just for half a day... Buddy went to 2/5 (roughly that amount from HKD) and I'm was a beginner and still a beginner so I went to 1/2... bought in for about 400... Table was mainly Chinese Mainlanders who were either 1)extremely Loose Passive 2) extremely Tight Aggressive.... Mostly calling stations with huge bankrolls, just buying in again and again after making donkey calls.... So although it was a 1/2, most players had 1000+... Played for good two to three hours, and about the beginning of the hand my stack went up to around 1000 USD... sitting right of the Cut-Off position, got dealt pocket 77.... My table image at that point was Loose Aggressive... UTG raises to 12BB 24 USD... two mid-position callers, I also call aiming to set-mine, and cut-off and button calls, 6 callers pre-flop pot was 150USD.... Flop was 7h7d8h... At that point my hands just started to shake, partially from the cocaine I've been taking in the bathroom and the dopamine coming out from the joy of me paying out... UTG who was the initial raiser just checks and it gets checked down to me and I check to trap the table, wishing for a heart to show up... the whole table checks... the Turn is a Qh and UTG bets 100 USD, two mid-position folds and I hollywood for a bit and call, cut-off calls and button calls... Now the pot is 550 USD.... River is Jd... UTG bets 300, with 200 left behind him and I go all in with around 850, a pot sized all-in.... cut-off insta-folds and the button thinks for a while and calls and UTG calls... I insta-show the quads and they muck their hands, I take down around 2k....
1) So if you guys hit quads in this situation on the flop, would you guys just slow play trying to trap or add value to the 150 pot?
2) Also, would it be correct to range UTG as pocket QQ, making a full-house and the button suited hearts, making a flush? UTG was one of the TAGs who rarely played and button was a chinese girl who were one of the passive calling stations as I remember.... If I made a set instead on the flop, should I have raised to avoid the button making the flush??
3) If you guys could rate it, was this hand played correctly or not?

Thanks.. and may the poker gods be with y'all

Also sorry for some lack of information... this was a live poker hand from macau last summer...

Last edited:
S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it well and I doubt you make more in that spot. Unless everyone is drunk.

Which brings me to my next point, I hope you gave up the coke.

Sevendeuceoff72

Sevendeuceoff72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you got paid...nicely done

Mac Poker