Flopping dominated flushes

H

HeroHunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I grind micro limit tables short stacked on Full Tilt. Several times this week I've flopped a flush, checked it, then reraised all in only to find that somebody else flopped a higher flush. Once this happened holding KQs. Can anybody tell me where I might find the odds of this happening?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grind micro limit tables short stacked on Full Tilt. Several times this week I've flopped a flush, checked it, then reraised all in only to find that somebody else flopped a higher flush. Once this happened holding KQs. Can anybody tell me where I might find the odds of this happening?

The thought of a short stacker getting coolered makes me :D .

Please post more SS coolers and bad beats...

H

HeroHunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ha,ha, very funny. but seriously....

T

Tbirdbully

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what type of player goes all in, how early in the tourney is it and how many people in the pot. If it is heads up, it is very unlikely he has a flush as well and you should almost never lay it down. However you lead out on flop w low flush draw and get 2-3 callers, I would be careful going all-in when it comes....

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rare. Stack with 2 card flushes when short stacked (and usually DS too).

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker sites should finally admitt what had been suspected by most players of online poker sites for some time: The hands played out on the site are not random, but are instead rigged to create the most dramatic wins and bigger pots.

Please keep that kind of stupidity for the tin foil hat lunatics thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please keep that kind of stupidity for the tin foil hat lunatics thread.

[broken link~tb]

I moved it. :p

Any further discussion of that post can take place in the linked thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More cannon fodder for Stu eh Dakota?

When you and your opponent both have 2 of a suit, there are 9 remaining in the deck of 48 unknown cards. The odds of the board coming out all your suit are:

9/48 * 8/47 * 7/46

.188 * .170 * .152 = .00486

So a little less than one half a percent of the time, when two players hold the same suit, they will both flop their flush together.

Full Flush Poker