Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I just had this situation that need your advice:

6-max, 5 players, 10NL
Hero in BTN holding KTo

Stack size ~100bb all players. There is no read on villains as I just started the session.

MP2 Calls 1 bb, CO Calls 1 bb, Hero Raises 4 bb, 2 folds,MP2 Calls 3 bb, CO Calls 3 bb

Q1: by raising here I intended to steal the pot, or if they call I still can play post-flop in position. However there were already 2 pp limp, and raising with KTo is loose so that I'm not sure whether raising or calling is better.

FLOP: K J T rainbow
3 players, 12.9 bb

MP2 Checks, CO Checks, Hero Bets 9.4 bb, 1 folds, CO Raises 41.7 bb, Hero Raises 96 bb and is all in, CO call.

When CO raises me to 41.7 bb, I think that I have 2 options: folding or raising all in here, I think calling is not an option with this raise size.

In my thinking CO might have AQ Q9 or set that beat me. However he might 3 bet with AK -TPTK, KQ- Top pair with open-ended draw , QJ - middle pair with open ended draw etc which I am ahead. So that I decide to raise all in.

Showdown he has Q9.

Q2: is it correct to raising all in here? I thought even if he had AQ Q9 I still have 4 outs to full house. But not sure if the play is correct.

Appreciate your advice.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difficult spot and I probably would have done the same thing. With no information it's hard to get an idea of what their limp-call range is in that position, but I would not have considered a set, or AQ or AK to be very likely. It seems like the most likely hands for that kind of play would be Q9, KJ, or JT, maybe KQ or QJ sometimes. Against that range you're a bit behind, but even still it seems like it might be a equitable shove regardless.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it hard when you just start end you dont know nothing about CO player but ugly board ...some time i will go all in.. most of the time i will fold

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I just had this situation that need your advice:

6-max, 5 players, 10NL
Hero in BTN holding KTo

Stack size ~100bb all players. There is no read on villains as I just started the session.

MP2 Calls 1 bb, CO Calls 1 bb, Hero Raises 4 bb, 2 folds,MP2 Calls 3 bb, CO Calls 3 bb

Q1: by raising here I intended to steal the pot, or if they call I still can play post-flop in position. However there were already 2 pp limp, and raising with KTo is loose so that I'm not sure whether raising or calling is better.

FLOP: K J T rainbow
3 players, 12.9 bb

MP2 Checks, CO Checks, Hero Bets 9.4 bb, 1 folds, CO Raises 41.7 bb, Hero Raises 96 bb and is all in, CO call.

When CO raises me to 41.7 bb, I think that I have 2 options: folding or raising all in here, I think calling is not an option with this raise size.

In my thinking CO might have AQ Q9 or set that beat me. However he might 3 bet with AK -TPTK, KQ- Top pair with open-ended draw , QJ - middle pair with open ended draw etc which I am ahead. So that I decide to raise all in.

Showdown he has Q9.

Q2: is it correct to raising all in here? I thought even if he had AQ Q9 I still have 4 outs to full house. But not sure if the play is correct.

Appreciate your advice.

So Question 1, i think you played correctly and read well the situation, with 2 limpers is more than okay to try to steal the pot. And the size of your raise was perfect, no compromising a lot of your stack but enough to make one limper give up.

Question 2, first of all i think your first bet too much aggressive with such a dangerous flop, ok that you had 2 pairs, but it's pretty clear that he had a strong hand and the flop was connected good cards. So i didn't like the size your first bet, i think you could control the pot size better like betting like 50% of the pot. But then he re-raised, i agree with you it's a all-in or fold situation, considering what i said previously i would fold, but again you had no information against them and he could be bluffing therefore i can't blame your choice.

A

andy091913

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So Question 1, i think you played correctly and read well the situation, with 2 limpers is more than okay to try to steal the pot. And the size of your raise was perfect, no compromising a lot of your stack but enough to make one limper give up.

Question 2, first of all i think your first bet too much aggressive with such a dangerous flop, ok that you had 2 pairs, but it's pretty clear that he had a strong hand and the flop was connected good cards. So i didn't like the size your first bet, i think you could control the pot size better like betting like 50% of the pot. But then he re-raised, i agree with you it's a all-in or fold situation, considering what i said previously i would fold, but again you had no information against them and he could be bluffing therefore i can't blame your choice.

Thanks for your reply. I agree that if I bet smaller it might not go to the fold or all-in situation.