Feb Results / MARCH GOALS thread....

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is true, but you also can't go too far the other way. Just remember, $1 into a $4 pot gives you 5 to 1 so even if you're right 16% of the time it's a good call.

Here is something to think about. I know this goes against all poker mantra but when Im calling that 1-4 I dont want to be right 16% of the time, I want to be right 100% of the time. My problem is I AM right 16% of the time and I am breaking even. I want to make money so I really dont want to call unless I am sure Im winning. That didnt come out as well as I hoped but I think you can understand what I am trying to say right?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is something to think about. I know this goes against all poker mantra but when Im calling that 1-4 I dont want to be right 16% of the time, I want to be right 100% of the time. My problem is I AM right 16% of the time and I am breaking even. I want to make money so I really dont want to call unless I am sure Im winning. That didnt come out as well as I hoped but I think you can understand what I am trying to say right?

Well if it's like that, folding is fine, but it's when you have like 30% of a bluff, 16% odds to call, and you fold you are giving away money. Not calling with odds like this is just as bad as either calling a draw without odds or folding a draw when you have odds. Despite the public poker perception, you're never going to be right 100% of the time. The goal is to make the best decision you can given the information you have. By not calling when you think they're bluffing more than the odds give you, you have to call it down and even if you lose the majority of pots you still win long-term. I understand your mindset but I also understand that that mindset will hurt your winrate.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner you are probably more likely to benefit from posting questions and requesting hand analyses, rather than giving input to others... :)
works for me, anyway... ;)

Good point, I guess its time to learn how to find hand historys and how to post them. To be honest I never bother to learn much about how to use my PC its turn it on, read forums play poker:D

P

phatjose

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feb Results:
Came close to the FT of a $1 tourney, but still no luck on that FT at a large (>1000+) tourney.

Well on my way to getting rolled for $10 NL but just didn't play enough hands to achieve what I wanted.

March Goals:
Play more hands (hopefully at least 10k)
Finally get rolled for $10 NL
FT a nice sized tourney

2307390623_3d479e89eb_b.jpg