Failure playing Split Hold'em

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played this new modality a few times in fictitious currency, I gained several hands and managed to explore good spots, using a basic strategy and counting on very aggressive players.

So I decided to play for real money, but things were not as I wanted, I ended up losing, I do not know if it was lack of skill or variance.

I would like to know if you have any notion of the mathematics involved in this mode if there is any change in the calculation of potodds and other probability related to the game.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still do not know the math involved in this game, but I'm using a good strategy and I made a reasonable profit, if I had more time to play I could up the nl2 faster

BilNicholson

BilNicholson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About pot odds, from what I've seen the board you think your good on you are often losing but winning the other board with 1 pair or even high card.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was doing good too on play money. On real money though, I just lost my last couple of dollars. The only good strategy in my opinion is to wait for a hand that hits both boards big and take them to value town or hope for your shove gets called. I fairly believe thats its a losing game. You lose either from the gambles or from rake. And since many rivers lead to an all-in, its not just a losing game but a losing big, game. If you feel like gambling just hit the roulette or something. :p

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dump it and never play this s*itty format again.
Most of the hands end in chop pots which means you are neither winning or losing, and the only one who is winning is the house. This is the ultimate MORE RAKE IS BETTER format.
Just dump it, the rake is ridiculously high and every other hand somebody shoves. Just quit it and play classic poker instead.

Good luck

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dump it and never play this s*itty format again.
Most of the hands end in chop pots which means you are neither winning or losing, and the only one who is winning is the house. This is the ultimate MORE RAKE IS BETTER format.
Just dump it, the rake is ridiculously high and every other hand somebody shoves. Just quit it and play classic poker instead.

Good luck
actually most of the pots end up with each opponent taking one of the boards, so when I have good hands I decide to keep more people in the pot, because in HU I end up not winning, I think it's bad to play against opponents who kick the other players out of the hand.

I ended up playing against opponents with bad strategies that shoved many more and made it impossible for me to make a smart move, so play in this way are not being profitable we need to count with luck.

I'm going to stay at improving my strategies against these players, unfortunately I went into tilt a few times and made bad decisions and spent almost all of my bank.