Double or triple up?

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you double up your buy-in or the table or triple up, is it advisable to stand up and play tomorrow again? Let say your a grinder..

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here we go.

If you are a "grinder", you play. You put in the time, play hands. It is a long-term game. Think of it as a never ending session.

If, you are trying to build a bankroll, I suppose leaving after reaching whatever amount of dollars, say 100 BB+, is acceptable, only because it represents a larger portion of your bankroll (that you are trying to build).

If I go on some sick heater, and run up a 500 BB+ stack, and the game is wild and deep, I might just book that win at some point before we get cold decked for some insane amount of BB, but that may or may not be optimal. I suppose the real pro would stay if the game was good.

In my opinion, play as long as you are playing A game or near A game, if the game is good, if you have a clear skill edge on opponents, etc. Play as long as conditions are good to play.

That's my opinion.

I was up over about 240 BB the other day, and went to dinner. I came back from dinner, and lost 100 BB in like 30 minutes.

I stayed. I ended up making an additional 260 BB or so, after we lost the 100 BB after dinner. Grand total for day like +409 BB.

So, you can see how it pays to stay in a game that's good, when you are playing well, and have an edge. This example of course is a pretty good result, and it may backfire sometimes and you lose. But, if you truly are a winning player, you are making money over the long term so it really doesn't matter one way or the other (if you are a proven winner).

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I usually heared bad stories after they reach their goal but they really love the table/opponents and want to stay to get more and more but in the end they regret why they didn't stop.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on MSS so when I double I change the table

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me changing other table or transfer to another is not good idea to be more profitable..new set of players, new play style, new image and you will pay more blinds in every orbit before you grind well later on..

TakingAShot

TakingAShot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here we go.

If you are a "grinder", you play. You put in the time, play hands. It is a long-term game. Think of it as a never ending session.

If, you are trying to build a bankroll, I suppose leaving after reaching whatever amount of dollars, say 100 BB+, is acceptable, only because it represents a larger portion of your bankroll (that you are trying to build).

If I go on some sick heater, and run up a 500 BB+ stack, and the game is wild and deep, I might just book that win at some point before we get cold decked for some insane amount of BB, but that may or may not be optimal. I suppose the real pro would stay if the game was good.

In my opinion, play as long as you are playing A game or near A game, if the game is good, if you have a clear skill edge on opponents, etc. Play as long as conditions are good to play.

That's my opinion.

I was up over about 240 BB the other day, and went to dinner. I came back from dinner, and lost 100 BB in like 30 minutes.

I stayed. I ended up making an additional 260 BB or so, after we lost the 100 BB after dinner. Grand total for day like +409 BB.

So, you can see how it pays to stay in a game that's good, when you are playing well, and have an edge. This example of course is a pretty good result, and it may backfire sometimes and you lose. But, if you truly are a winning player, you are making money over the long term so it really doesn't matter one way or the other (if you are a proven winner).

The games at BetOnline are so live it's insane. I just couldn't really imagine them being any softer anywhere. I was playing HUSNG's for a couple of weeks, went back to cash and ...I just couldn't believe how bad both the pre and post flop play was at 4NL. On WPN, you need to play sound poker to win at 5NL. It looks like even 10NL is faceroll on BetOnline and I'm going to move up and find out soon.

There are some people so bad on BetOnline (and Horizon although it has a very low population) that I literally could not fathom them being worse. I've seen guys limp/fold for 3 hours straight lol. There are also a lot of full ring tables on BO and these guys are opening up from EP like it's 6max. Just absolutely no sense of position, ranges, ...really anything.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I see that I'm lucky, I'll stay at the table with the five buy ins. If you are lucky then you need to play as much as possible.