dont be that guy!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

next bling level is 400/800 so you are going to have to shove after these blinds, you cant go through another orbit.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
o well, cant do much there, wasnt gettin hands and I think the shove was a good play, i just gotta stop makin those bad plays like the 33

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
regardless

regardless you played both those hands correctly by raising the limp in small blind and shoving in small blind.

your open shove with KdJd was correct also you just got unlucky they woke up with hands

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
alright well thanks for the help, im feelin real good so im gonna do the 12k guarenteed at 1 if anyone wants to join or rail me you should.

and again, storm thanks for all the advice, ill definitely use it again

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
k

alright well thanks for the help, im feelin real good so im gonna do the 12k guarenteed at 1 if anyone wants to join or rail me you should.

and again, storm thanks for all the advice, ill definitely use it again

np I have work in 5 hours but let me know how it went

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so what was your final finish?

And I assume a rail thread is when someone watches you and comments on here then? lol still getting use to a card forum.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea

so what was your final finish?

And I assume a rail thread is when someone watches you and comments on here then? lol still getting use to a card forum.

we didnt write in the right section but the rail actully pertained to the topic so it kinda fit.

he went out right after the bubble burst. He made 2 good steals in favorible situation then pushed the button with KdJd and got called by small blind with A-9 and Big blind with KK and flop was AAx so gg. It was correct play and just unlucky.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at least it was in the money. Alright well I don't do money tourneys but maybe I'll set up a rail with someone next time I do a free roll then.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well at least it was in the money. Alright well I don't do money tourneys but maybe I'll set up a rail with someone next time I do a free roll then.

if im on ill watch ya, u did rail for me already lol

L

lmille4574

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately it doesn't seem to matter what my position or bet is. I establish the image in the beginning of the tournies of playing strong hands and still get called by people that play weak hands and catch. It just doesn't seem to matter to them. They are playing any two cards.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately it doesn't seem to matter what my position or bet is. I establish the image in the beginning of the tournies of playing strong hands and still get called by people that play weak hands and catch. It just doesn't seem to matter to them. They are playing any two cards.

ok now that we are back on topic here. If you are playing low limits then they might not notice how you are playing, if they have good odds then yes there call is correct with like any 2

for example

blinds 1k/2k and you have let yourself get down to 3bb, if you push the button with say A4 or something like that and it get to guy in BB with like a 40k stack he might be able to call with any 2. look at it say the ante is 50 so that is 2k + 1k+ 500 in middle which is 3.5k plus your 6k push puts 9.5k and he only has to call 4k to win 9.5k which means if you just have big cards which is your range he would be like 60/40 which is basically what he needs to make that call. Remember people are putting you on ranges of hands and Ax or even like Kx or something is in your range. if he had 57suited its not a bad call. Plus he knows if he loses he still has like 18 big blinds.