Donk, you raise with AA, then get re raised,next move?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seen this spot a few times, not sure if the correct play is the go all in, call, or fold. No info on Villian.

Pre flop make standard 3BB raise two callers. 1 in blinds and 1 on button.

FLOP something like Q 7 2 rain, fish donks .50 cents, I raise 6 bb. Button re raises 16bb. SPR I’m either going all in with AA or folding. Fish folds.

HERO AA? Been in this spot on similar Board textures with over pairs....been folding thinking I’m up against a set. Idk what do you think?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

i´d go all in

rgds

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seen this spot a few times, not sure if the correct play is the go all in, call, or fold. No info on Villian.

FLOP something like Q 7 2 rain, fish donks .50 cents, I raise 6 bb. Button re raises 16bb. SPR I’m either going all in with AA or folding. Fish folds.

HERO AA? Been in this spot on similar Board textures with over pairs....been folding thinking I’m up against a set. Idk what do you think?

Thank you for your post. when you have two callers going into a flop I'd always bet 3/4 pot to lead out or 3 bet my opponents raise on the flop. The later streets can get tricky depending on the cards but folding preflop and after a large percentage of flops is a bad play. Good Luck.

Good Luck To All:cool:

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

first where are you playing? Regardless i shove n lose to set! unless playing live then might win or two pr, online i'd be raising more than 3bb pre to try n weed out those low pockets maybe 5-10bb

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a large pre-flop bet.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think that the button in this situation would just call with a set on a ranbow board to keep the fish in the pot. Other hands that beats us are Q7 and Q2 suited but those are rarely in his range. I would just shove, he's probably holding AQ,KQ

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s hard to say it’s hard to imagine what the opponent might have. There may be a simple-minded couple, and maybe a set. It all depends on your desire to see the cards, on your bank and on luck. But there are a lot of people who will go all in with even a couple of jacks in such a situation.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its much easier to give usefull feedback, if you share an actual hand history in the hand review section. Many things matter here like stack sizes, reads, exact board texture etc.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Unless your opponent is a super tight player getting it in here is probably fine.

QK can pay off, especially if it is a looser opponent.

Its nicer when there are more draws out there, but we take what we get right? :star:

p00nEsBakk

p00nEsBakk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HERO AA? Been in this spot on similar Board textures with over pairs....been folding thinking I’m up against a set. Idk what do you think?[/QUOTE]

HE Probably put you on AK or smaller PP based on his notes on your style at that table and you could then ALL IN and will beat his QJ/KQ/AQ/ Middle Pair even maybe.... Because how he plays AA and how you play AA are completely opposite. Think from his perspective on how he has played his hands (take notes in which im sure you do though:) Then exploit it :)

Ugh! A friend of mine mentioned to look at my position - am i in the middle of two guys that are repetitively squeezing with raises and reraises then check downs....or does this guy have a set? It is hard to also remind ourselves of the “SB & “BB” specials that yes, youll get flushed out or two paired by 5-6...
They will All In Any Draws, Any top pairs, Most of the time your All In will be the best possible decision at that time.

Think it through, but Don’t overthink. Sometimes were wrong at the river, but we were right prior...

If you fold, and he shows you garbage, note it, his bets, your bets, the board, details... and play on :)

I hope you are running good! Good Luck!:):icon_bigs

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would put everything in with AA I feel most comfortable and go all-in with relish with a smile over my lips:)

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA, you need to push immediately, after the flop it will be too late. If you don't push it, someone will come in with a trash card and take your bank.:playingba

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the situation. If you're facing someone who raises light a lot, a smooth call could induce them to continue on the flop. If you feel that the person who raises is a tight player, you can go for max value pre and just shove. The first option always opens up the door for a bad beat and variance, but both still work.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.it depends on what kind of bets are on the table,what kind of players.I think that the re-raise is most appropriate.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great to see these responses years latter thx everyone

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, with such re-raises, I would probably fold. Would go all-in if I knew that the player who reraises the 16 blinds is an aggressive player and can probably bluff. Only in this case. Otherwise I would fold.

S

SPYDER1998

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the flop, after the blind leads it clearly means that he has QX but when the button re-raises your raise, it looks like he has AQ, KQ, KK and a lot of SETS like 22,77,and QQs also 2 PAIRS.

for me, It is a close FOLD since i believe that all QX will just call. But calling is still correct tho.