Doing poorly in higher limits.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone notice they ever do worst playing in higher stakes?

Do you think it is mostly due to your opponents ability or you are playing out of your comfort zone.

For me it feels more due to the stakes. Playing $3-6 games are a lot more relaxing and automatic than playing $33-55 game. At some point the stakes is so high it is hard to play optimal.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players,flips and variance can be tough at all levels huge differences do exist though between,$5, $50 and $500 buy ins for example.
If you are happy playing $3-$6 games hoping to win a few hundred dollars or not minding losing a few hundred stick to them but if want to win life changing money,Winning 10k to +100k in cashgames for example you must also be willing to get out of your comfort zone sometimes and be willing to lose big money or allow a much longer time doing a bankroll yoyo at the lower limits until achieve this.
Nuts on flop or turn do not guarantee you a win it is hard in the poker yard,
Higher buy ins do add a lot more pressure as a bigger percentage of your bankroll is at risk agree there but it can be either very rewarding or very damaging to your roll depending on whether you win or lose in those bigger shot taking sessions.

Last edited:
Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone notice they ever do worst playing in higher stakes?

Do you think it is mostly due to your opponents ability or you are playing out of your comfort zone.

For me it feels more due to the stakes. Playing $3-6 games are a lot more relaxing and automatic than playing $33-55 game. At some point the stakes is so high it is hard to play optimal.
Hi !

Yes of course it will be big difference first you'll find better players and different players from 3-6$ stakes and you have to train your mindset to give your best not forgetting the stake that you're playing cause you can't just say I'll play normal just like 3$ stakes (is some way I used to think hehe) like most of things it takes practice to this do better cause you also can't let some bad experience ruins your comfort and start playing scary cause other players will take advantage of this also one of the biggest problems I did when playing this this stakes (only have played cause have won ticket or satellites) was be to passive you have to keep being aggressive but still tight and know your table is important but don't play it if you're going to be scared that's the best advice i can give you Good luck!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At all limits, the same cards are dealt, and you find yourself in the same situations in games for $ 5 and $ 500.

This is why you need to play poker not with cards but with people. Cards are just an argument for betting, and betting is a way to put pressure on your opponents. When the $ 5 and $ 50 blinds are psychologically the same for You, you will be able to show your best game regardless of the limit, of course, provided that you are a fully qualified player.:)