Do you usually show your cards?

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. Let the opponents think about what I played with in this way.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)

I never show cards and don't pay attention to what the players who show the card had. They want to knock my mindset for the game. If I am currently in a good or even more optimal mental state, I don't care what they say in the chat or what cards are shown or not shown. For me, the main thing is my mental stability.

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I show the low card, even if I hitted the top card, so it is a mind game that my opponents think I bluffed. Isn't it all about mind games? ��

magijigu

magijigu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not. cuz I don't wanna show my information even if I can get selfesteem

T

tommyboobaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. Too insecure about my game.

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No information is good but false information can be even better. Showing your cards is a tool, you don't have to use it.But there is reasons to that can improve your winnings.
If you show your cards, how can this be false information? Maybe commenting on what you had after the hand can enable you to give false information, but other than this, I don’t see how.:confused:

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes no sense to show your hand unless they pay to see.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

On line no. In home games, usually to get to other players, show premium hands after I drag the pot and show successful bluffs.

b1ackb0ne

b1ackb0ne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you show your cards, how can this be false information? Maybe commenting on what you had after the hand can enable you to give false information, but other than this, I don’t see how.:confused:

You can show your bluffs to try to tilt your opponent, you also can give false information about what hands you can play with, etc. It can be a good mind game.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)
I sometimes show my cards when I win with the nuts. I do this so as not to anger my opponent, so that the game runs smoothly, without aggression.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never do that. I do not show cards. Only when I play with familiar players, friends. And that is extremely rare)

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never will I show my cards totally maybe sometimes will I show the lowest one but no more than that,

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It varys with me,.. i may show at one time n muck the other.. always keep em guessing!

D

diego040205

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depende. Siempre trato de no mostrar las manos ya que podría otorgar información de como juego. Pero en algunas ocasiones muestro las cartas para mantener un cierto equilibrio. Por ejemplo, si estoy jugando demasiado de farol, suelo mostrar mis manos que tienen valor, para tener una imagen de jugador honesto dentro de la mesa. It depends. I always try not to show my hands as it could give information on how I play. But sometimes I show the cards to maintain a certain balance. For example, if I am bluffing too much, I usually show my hands that have value, so that I have an honest player image at the table.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I don't show my cards unless I have to.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. This is a double-edged sword.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Typically not showing would be advised, but there are always exceptions to most anything. Everything in poker should be done with a purpose in mind, including giving away free information.

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Show is something better used if you're playing live, online tournaments don't give you any advantage showing cards. I know there are strategies where you can show a bluff if you want your opponent to call you the next time, or the other way around. In the rares ocasions where I do show is when I make a play totally different from my usual game, like when I raise bad stuff and it turns off happening a good game.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, I usually don't show my cards at the end of the hand unless I'm called. I believe that if you want to see my cards then you should have called.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually never show my cards. However, there are certain exceptions, especially in live poker, where showing your cards could give or/and receive more action from certain type of players.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play cash game, but here is my theory on playing live and showing your cards. If another player thinks he has a read on you and you show and he's right about the read, you just gave away valuable information for free. Just my thoughts.