Yes, it depends of what hand and what player i am against

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually never do. Poker is a game of information and if I don't have to give my opponent part of my range I'm not going to, it can come back to bite you if you aren't careful

I kind of agree, in that if you are playing predictably, then yes, it would come back to bite you. If you are capable of changing gears, as someone mentioned ITT, then I can see the benefit of showing a bluff.

As for me? I'm only ever showing a bluff if I get called down. I hardly EVER show a bluff otherwise, because like you correctly said, why give away information on how you played a hand, especially when you were able to take the pot down without showdown.

I only do it when I bluff big, I do it to see the reaction of the player to whom I bluffed.

That's an ego thing, I leave that out of playing. It's nice to pull off a big bluff, no doubt, but I'm not going to show for the world to see.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well, most of the time I don't show my cards .... I think it's giving your opponents a certain advantage ... I think that once in a while I did it mainly when I started playing poker ...!

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I don't show the less your opponents know about you the better it is for you.

M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a big difference between a tournament that is a rebuy/add-on and a tournament that allows re-entry.

In the first, you can often increase your stack by purchasing additional chips when your stack falls below a certain level, then later add on even more.
For these types of tournaments, it is wise to plan on re-buying at least once and adding on when it becomes available.

If the tournament is the type that permits you to re-enter only if you bust out, then you need to pay attention to blind levels, and what finish position is required to profit

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)

Only in vital and very final stages of a tournament where the chance of facing another players is small and if the hand was played from my side very smart and know that the other player 100% was having a better hand.

italorohdrigues

italorohdrigues

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, I dont see a reason to do that at all, at max I'll tell you what I had in the chat if in some hard spot you fold and show yours. I can always be lying though

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never, i never show my cards, i dont think would be something good

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't show my cards that much. Sometimes I should show them.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I don't show my cards but sametime I do when it's a good bluff.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
used to when i was a fish now I always muck

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I love showing 1 card. I find it pretty funny :D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I used to show them in the past many times , now very rarely , only if I want to show a bluff or I want to drive the opponent into loose decisions or tilt , but yes , probably I won't show him , i don't want to show him my way of decision-making , I don't want to give him free info form my strategy or betting habits :)

J

joaocarnica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
people on a high bluff I tend to show my hands, so my opponent is influenced by tilt many times, but I don't do that often, only for players with less chips.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't show my cards but you can make this tactical thing. For example when you bluffing and your oponent folded then you can show cards. Players would may think that you are bluffer and can more willingly check you out when you have good spot.

R

Raz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to get a lot of callers/action on your bets that's a good strategy to get paid. Less information is better. If you want less callers and less variance to you win/losses. I'd recommend showing some of those good uncalled hands. Nothing to give info. Just AA or JJ when nobody calls your bet.

DRIVEN

DRIVEN

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoke and mirrors
Show worst hands when bluffing

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always show when I’m called on the river. That’s the only time my opponents get info. I keep it on auto muck to speed up the game.

R

Raz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always show when I’m called on the river. That’s the only time my opponents get info. I keep it on auto muck to speed up the game.

No information is good but false information can be even better. Showing your cards is a tool, you don't have to use it.But there is reasons to that can improve your winnings.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No,I don't do it, I don't see the point...

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I find showing to be a disadvantage in most cases if u have a field of good players or too lose players wjo will benefit from information freely given.

That said what i try to do or will try to do more of is show a few nuts here and there to provoke caution, and always make em pay to c each street, nothing for free :)

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show my cards, but I've caught myself slipping a few times lately. If I'm friendly with a player, or someone folds out to me. I strongly believe the less you give away any information about yourself, the better.

B

BeatrixK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never do online. I may be more likely to on occasion in person, depending on the game, players, etc.