Do you use the all-in cash out function?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Total posts
1,785
Awards
12
There is such a proverb - a penny saved is a penny earned.
All-in Cash Out helps when you or your opponent goes all-in during a hand, but the river is not yet open. Especially if you have an 80-90% chance of winning. I think this is a very good feature to avoid bad beats. But if you have 2-10% to win, then it makes no sense to use all-in cash out and you can only hope for a miracle. As for example in the topic that I published about the hand with two kings.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-vents-71/anti-bad-beat-year-pokerstars-kk-490592/

I also believe that all-in cash out helps to avoid a tilt.:pcguru:
 
H

Hermus

Rock Star
Joined
Sep 6, 2018
Total posts
261
Awards
1
This gets posted about once a week. At the end of the day it's just costing you money, but if you get more volume in because you avoid tilt by all means use it.
 
C

capo_asl

Rising Star
Joined
Sep 2, 2021
Total posts
21
me2 ... never , classic poker rullz
 
YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Total posts
375
Awards
1
I've been closing the bets when I hit you with the best hand. and I explain that in 7 out of 10 times that I have closed having a better hand I would have lost it on the river. TT vs KK on the river he got a flush, a set vs connectors and a straight came, a flush vs pocket pocket they sent him a full house. When I show the cards and I have the best hand, I prefer to close and let out a few $ to lose the whole pot. Besides that after closing I double my stack, I don't understand how people see it counterproductive.
Of course, if you have the worst hand, it is better to continue and wait for a badbeat for your opponent.
Cheers
 
L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 29, 2021
Total posts
83
The first time, I didn't use it, with 75% equity, Villain had a suck out on the river and I lost the all in. But that's the game
 
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Total posts
10,316
Awards
1
Since this feature was introduced, a lot of people have bitched about it and said, its just another rake machine for pokerstars, and of course they are right. For me though there is a bit more to it than that, and I think, it can be reasonable to use it, if you are prone to tilting, when you get felted for say 3-4 buyins in a short period of time. In that way you can either play longer sessions or avoid making tilted mistakes.

I also think, it can be a reasonable option, if you are severely limited by your bankroll. Lets say you are a proven winner at 50NL, but due to some sort of emergency you had to withdraw your poker money and take a break from poker. Now you are able to redeposit 200$ and grind it up again. Then conventional wisdom would be to start at 5NL, but maybe its actually a more reasonable choise to start at 10NL and then use the all-in cash out to reduce your risk of going broke, and to continue doing so, until you have 2.000$ and can once again afford to absorb some swings at 50NL.

Needless to say it only makes sense to cash out, if the cash out amount is significant. If you can only cash out 30BB, because you are way behind, or you got it in against someone, who only started the hand with 23BB, then the reduction in variance is not really important. And its also not a good deal to pay for "insurance", if you are very unlikely to lose, like if you have the higher set against a lower set on the flop or turn. But in those situations, where you can cash out a significant amount and also have significant risk of losing, then it can make sense to end the hand right there by cashing out.
 
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Jun 3, 2019
Total posts
10,316
Awards
1
The all-in cash out function saves my pocket aces from a bad beat. An aggressive opponent with a ten-eight hand is happy with good luck.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/924Vso0lS

Good example of a hand, where the all-in cash out function can protect us from tilt. Few players are so cool headed, that a hand like this wont upset them at all. But when you cashed out, you can truly laugh about it and be happy for the guy, that he sucked out on PokerStars :)
 
M

moularaki

Visionary
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Total posts
645
Awards
2
MA
i use it 75% of the time
had so much bad beats that it seems to me a gain rather than loosing money
 
K

kioge

Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 18, 2021
Total posts
57
It is not recommended in theory, because the poker site overcharges some rake.
But if you can on tilt because 80% vs. 20% suckout, you can use it.
 
L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Joined
Sep 11, 2020
Total posts
290
Sometimes I play in the cash. But I didn't use this function. In addition, it is not available in all rooms.
 
srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Total posts
173
It is better not to cash out in the long run.
 
Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Total posts
795
Awards
6
it's -ev option. Never use it. You want to maximize your winnings. What's a reason to play poker if you are afraid to lose money from time to time? If you use this option and you play poker regulary then you have a big mindset problem imo.
 
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Joined
Aug 9, 2014
Total posts
1,108
Awards
6
No, just losing money in the end, even at a 80% why cashout right? only 20% left for him to win, you have a 10% cashout now, why take it when you still have 10% left to win a 100% pot? doesn't make sense to cash out ever, maybe on a 99,99% but then again why do it againts a 00,01% chance?

it the end it will cost you money, or your card hits making you tilt bad about cashing-out
 
Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Total posts
229
I do use it on pokerstars. It would be nice if didnt cost 1% though. Cash game feels very gradual. You make right decisions you win.
 
Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Total posts
229
it's -ev option. Never use it. You want to maximize your winnings. What's a reason to play poker if you are afraid to lose money from time to time? If you use this option and you play poker regulary then you have a big mindset problem imo.
It's not that easy. I use it because I am building bank roll from 4$. It just doesn't feel comfortable playing with like 20$ bank roll. Now I got to 87$ bank roll and rarely use it but it's still nice feature.
 
S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Total posts
766
Awards
2
I try not to make a habit of but at times when I have a gut feeling the hand is not going to go in my favour I will.
 
antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Joined
Dec 25, 2014
Total posts
5,122
Awards
19
I used it in the past , I liked it very much , good protection when you are behind it need some protection for your equity , with many bad beats happening some protection is always welcomed
 
R

rachelle2291

Visionary
Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Total posts
893
Awards
7
It is just more rake and should never be used. If it is used to avoid tilt then probably best to work on improving discipline before playing more.
 
J

juntao

Rising Star
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Total posts
23
I would never use it it is to much of a climb in my opinion
 
mosss45

mosss45

Rising Star
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Total posts
7
This option just allows PS to make more money The person who cashes out when they're way behind wins so often and Pokerstars just rubs their hands together licking their lips
 
Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos
Top