Do poker players lie?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when someone almost calls one of my Bluffs i will make up a hand and tell them i had it. Dont want them thinking im the kinda player to steal pots of them.

And 95% of the time they'll know you're lying, and make the correct assumption that you were trying to steal the pot.

But they'd make the same assumption even if you told the truth about your hand, so it's no biggie I guess :p

A

acesinhole7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without lies poker wouldn't be any fun. I am trying to imagine a poker game where everyone is honest and it is a dark, lonely place.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without lies poker wouldn't be any fun. I am trying to imagine a poker game where everyone is honest and it is a dark, lonely place.

just imagine phil ivey and doyle brunson both checking a hand down because they missed and wernt allowed to bluff lol

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just imagine phil ivey and doyle brunson both checking a hand down because they missed and wernt allowed to bluff lol

Imagine Phil Hellmuth telling the truth all the time :eek:

Actually, it might not be that different. Which would mean he really believed all the stuff he says. Which would be really scary :D

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're active in the hand though, you should be allowed to prattle on all you like - as long as you don't say what your hand really is.

if you were allowed to say anything but the truth then a player will know right away that if you say you have the nut flush then they must assume that you do not have it and then make their play from there....I think that it is a stupid rule and the only rule they should have is that players that are not in the hand may not discuss out loud what they folded or what they think somebody might have

hmmmmmmmm

E

ellisman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, they do lie...they lie 99 percent of the time

19RK64

19RK64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DO POKER PLAYER'S LIE HELL YEA but they say that a poker players are more honest that most people ? I made a big raise with trips once and the guy got mad and said CALL THIS!!!_ _ _ _ _ ... and i did he didnt have squat. ok then

CaptnDaveCoulthard

CaptnDaveCoulthard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As A Poker Player I Must Lie And Say We Tell The Truth :p

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always remember being told as a kid

'you have to have a good memory if your going to tell a lie'

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if they switch, you can get the truth by asking, for example "Will the other doorkeeper say this is the correct door (of two)?" You know the answer will be a lie, so the opposite is the truth; it doesn't matter which one is lying just so long as exactly one is. Free logic tidbit from the pig. :icon_porc

Yeah I know that's why the movie pisses me off, because she does that and she STILL gets the wrong door, because they were lying about one of them telling the truth and the other always lying. So in other words: Movie mistake to further the plot.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
saw this a couple times before even people saying they accidentilly raised all in and clicked the button what a joke lol

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Desponse to Question Posted: Do Poker Players Lie.

All the time. ha ha.

lol

angie :)

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes they are very poor liars though.

Last night, there were 3 people in a pot.

The flop comes K 10 4.

Person 1 goes all in, person 2 calls, person 3 calls.
The first guy had KQ, the second had K,10, and the third had Kx.

After the hand, someone at the table says "I'm glad I folded my K4"

thee maggot

thee maggot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can stare you in the eye and tell you the biggest story youve ever heard.... and you WILL leave thinking...."i think thay guy was telling the truth"...

i pride myself on how well ive refined my ability to decieve.....on and off the tables....

i always told my sisters ..."never date a poker player" .... ...i will tell my daughters the same thing lmfao .... just cause i happen to know a few ....

good day..the maggot and his dog....

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can stare you in the eye and tell you the biggest story youve ever heard.... and you WILL leave thinking...."i think thay guy was telling the truth"...

i pride myself on how well ive refined my ability to decieve.....on and off the tables....

i always told my sisters ..."never date a poker player" .... ...i will tell my daughters the same thing lmfao .... just cause i happen to know a few ....

good day..the maggot and his dog....

Hmmmm - Have you really got a dog?? :rolleyes: :D

TubaMark316

TubaMark316

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Son, everything I say is a lie... Except that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that.... And that."

Peter Griffin is the man!

And Seth McFarland is a GOD!!!

N

nicolas65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
watch poker after dark with a good "tells" book in hand and you'll be surprised how often you can spot a pro giving it all away!

thee maggot

thee maggot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmmm - Have you really got a dog?? :rolleyes: :D

hes a figment of my imagination...... but shhhh many people believe me, so dont blow up my spot.....

icon12.gif
....good day...the maggot and his dog..(or lack there of).....

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maggot , if your a straight up liar ,not good dude ,I will never believe your posts again . poker lies are cool ,real life or forum lies are not. :) your daughters will get lied to by people like you who may or may not play poker.guaranteed. anyways you got away with it seven times but I got my eyes on you now. :D and your dog.

op , anyone has to be pretty silly to believe a set is good in Omaha , possible but not probable . :(

poker players do not lie ,I never lie and I have over 1000 posts to prove it. :)