Distribution example

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are 8 people left, I have the third stack - 10 thousand chips, blinds - 150/300. Ace king suited comes to me. I enter 2.5 BB. So, I enter 2.5 BB, the opponent puts all-in. He has 5,000 chips. Losing the hand to him, my stack becomes about 5,000 chips, which will not be so pleasant. I called only for the reason that I considered that the opponent would play the strongest hands (AA, KK) simply by raising. In general, a raise-push around 16-17 BB is usually a weakness. The stack is short and you just can't afford to raise. Only with strong hands. Of course, at high stakes, they raise with might and main with hands like JTs (if the opponent allows), portraying monsters. What hands should we call in this situation?

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
AKs is great hand and you have good equity against villain pushing range Ax, KQ, QJ... If he holds a pocket pair like JJ or QQ it's a flip 50/50
But sometimes you have to consider ICM, when a hand is +EV in cash game, in Mtt it isn't the case.
You made it 750, I think if villain 3bet you he's pot comitted by putting more than 30% of his stack in a raise so he goes allin.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a good equity against his shoving range so you should call. He has aces almost never and with everything else you re getting a coinflip or you re dominating him. So its a call for sure. Only thing is if there are really short stacks behind and icm comes in play then you have some thinking to do but I would still make the call.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 8 people left, I have the third stack - 10 thousand chips, blinds - 150/300. Ace king suited comes to me. I enter 2.5 BB. So, I enter 2.5 BB, the opponent puts all-in. He has 5,000 chips. Losing the hand to him, my stack becomes about 5,000 chips, which will not be so pleasant. I called only for the reason that I considered that the opponent would play the strongest hands (AA, KK) simply by raising. In general, a raise-push around 16-17 BB is usually a weakness. The stack is short and you just can't afford to raise. Only with strong hands. Of course, at high stakes, they raise with might and main with hands like JTs (if the opponent allows), portraying monsters. What hands should we call in this situation?

First off, this is a tourneyhand, not a cashgame one.

There is some information missing. Is there Antes or bounty in play? What about icm/ bubble?
I'm not sure if I understand the action correctly, someone opens to 2.5bb you flatcall and someone behind you goes allin for 17bb? If so, then very easy call. 17bb push with deadmoney in the middle should be pretty wide. Also I don't really understand your flatcall in the first place, you should be 3betting that hand.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKs is great hand and you have good equity against villain pushing range Ax, KQ, QJ... If he holds a pocket pair like JJ or QQ it's a flip 50/50
But sometimes you have to consider ICM, when a hand is +EV in cash game, in Mtt it isn't the case.
You made it 750, I think if villain 3bet you he's pot comitted by putting more than 30% of his stack in a raise so he goes allin.

Yes, you are right! Thank you, good luck at the tables!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, this is a tourneyhand, not a cashgame one.

There is some information missing. Is there Antes or bounty in play? What about icm/ bubble?
I'm not sure if I understand the action correctly, someone opens to 2.5bb you flatcall and someone behind you goes allin for 17bb? If so, then very easy call. 17bb push with deadmoney in the middle should be pretty wide. Also I don't really understand your flatcall in the first place, you should be 3betting that hand.

At that moment I overlooked this. and acted, most likely not true ....