difference in play from 2nl to 5nl

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi everyone
I recently decided to move up to 5nl after winning on 2nl for 4bb/100 (136,000 hands) on 6max zoom all in adj 4.6 but am having difficulties at 5nl can anybody give me some advice on what they think the main differences when they moved up and tell me if you agree with some of these

some of these assumptions maybe because im over thinking thinks at the moment

1. people have a better 3bet game (more balanced) something I still need to work on versus different positions
2. fish at this level will shove pre a little bit stronger or shove 60bb TPGK on flop with 20bb in the middle lol
3. regs cbet less as they understand what they represent ( ep raise bb calls flop comes 26T reg checks)
leaving hands with showdown value to check more

also what do people think of me depositing more money to have 30 buy ins to stay at this level because I want to have more hours at this level rather than me moving up and down every 3buyins

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a lot to add, but I know that BlackRain79 claims that players at 5NL pay more attention to your opening bet sizing, so you can't get away with raising more pre-flop when first in when you have stronger hands. At 2NL, you could get away with raising 6x with As and Ks and expect some play, but at 5NL, not so much.

Also, look at the "similar threads" list below.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id say a huge difference is that at 2nl there are a lot more passive players and 5nl players are very aggro, the fish and the regs