vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, OOOHA. whats up whats up!!!!!

January's here people. Another day ,another dollar. A chip and a chair. ......and all that.

We have a new year now and its time to reset everything and start fresh.

Don't know how 2015 treated you poker-wise. If you did good and made a lot of money, then good for you.

If you lost your college savings playing spin N goes, good for you too.lol.

For me personally new years always excited me cause i can always filter my hud to "this year" and not have to look at the bad stuff that might have happened last year ..

Goals for 2016 :

-get supernova playing cash (its a longshot but i might be able to get it if i play a ton of zoom cash games)

Goals for January:

- get more than 80K hands in at 10NL and try to maintain a winrate above 10bb/100.

These two basically sum it up for me.

Jump aboard Cash game beasts. Lets post stuff here that are cash related and share our wisdom so that 2016 will be a prosperous year for all of us.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck to you! Hope to see these goals accomplished.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goals this month. (grinding at the micros) 2NL and tournaments under a $1.

1. Make +$100 profit. Hoping to get much much bigger but I believe at the stakes I'm playing this is a doable goal.

2. 80k hands in cash

3. Play at least 50 MTTS

4. Play at least 300 SNG's

Adding 3 and 4 to my game is new, so be interesting what numbers i'll rack up but I'm guessing it's going to be around that.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lets stay true to our goals cause at the end of the month were gonna be here and were gonna go through the checklist.lol.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets go 2016!!

Goal for Jan is to actually play cash games, not donkaments (apart from a couple of live ones)

Lets go with 15k hands of 10NL and see where I end up after that.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lets stay true to our goals cause at the end of the month were gonna be here and were gonna go through the checklist.lol.

I'll change the MTTS to 20.... thinki can do 6 a week but its a tough ask.

remember vinny I do 24 tables.

12 sit n go's at a time. x 2 somedays.

So example today is one of my big session days being sat.

30 sit n go's
2 MTTs
5k cash hands.

Last edited:

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with your 2016 goals!!!

I'm currently mixing it up between 5NL and 10NL zoom. I have already crushed 2NL zoom and never plan to return, but I'm finding that at this point in time, with all the pokerstars challenges happening, 10NL is actually becoming softer than 5NL. Firstly, there are twice as many 10NL zoom players as 5NL zoom players, when there were previously only about 2/3 as many players (generally the higher the stake, the less players there'll be) before these challenges came to be, and more players generally equates to more fish. Secondly, I think 10NL appeals to more recreational players than 5NL, since the blinds are a much more round number (5c/10c blinds, rather than 2c/5c blinds), whereas I found that most 5NL players were winning players at 2NL that had just moved up. With the challenges requiring players to play 10NL or higher (eg. "win a hand with pocket Jacks at stakes 5c/10c or higher"), it means more recreational players (AKA fish) are now giving 10NL a shot just for the sake of the challenges. So even though I'm not properly rolled for 10NL (only got $210 in my stars account), I'm trying to be opportunistic of this and play some 10NL before the competition gets tougher again.

I hope to achieve the same thing as you in terms of maintaining a 10bb+/100 win rate at 10NL zoom over a large sample size. Good luck!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually played some poker yesterday. Probably try to play some more this year. Goal is at least 1000 hands. Doubt I make it.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After reading some of the goals, it looks as if you are quite a bit more serious about poker. As an irregular and infrequent poker player, I just want to win something.....anything.....the amount is not as important as posting a win....I just hate to lose.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading some of the goals, it looks as if you are quite a bit more serious about poker. As an irregular and infrequent poker player, I just want to win something.....anything.....the amount is not as important as posting a win....I just hate to lose.

We all start off like that. At first it's "I just want to break even, then I can get free entertainment and free practice". Then it becomes "I just want to win something, no matter how small it is". Then it becomes "why am I wasting my time grinding 2NL and only winning $1 per hour? I want to win a decent amount, like $5+ per hour". And as you improve, your expectations become higher and higher and it's hard to be satisfied with where you are.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing like hitting a one outer to break a big downswing...

poker stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $9.36 (93.6 bb)
BB: $7.35 (73.5 bb)
UTG: $33.25 (332.5 bb)
MP: $4.17 (41.7 bb)
Hero (CO): $10 (100 bb)
BTN: $8.83 (88.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif

UTG raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.05) 8
club4.gif
T
heart4.gif
club4.gif
(3 players)
UTG checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, UTG folds, MP raises to $3.87 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.87

Turn: ($8.79) 5
heart4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($8.79) 8
heart4.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $8.79 pot ($0.40 rake)
Final Board: 8
club4.gif
T
heart4.gif
club4.gif
heart4.gif
heart4.gif

UTG mucked and lost (-$0.30 net)
MP showed 9
spade4.gif
heart4.gif
and lost (-$4.17 net)
Hero showed 8
spade4.gif
diamond4.gif
and won $8.39 ($4.22 net)

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck on your goals, guys!

My goals for January:

1) Get a minimum of a $6000 BR (currently at $3.5K 100NL)
2) Buy HEM 2, Bovada Card Catcher, and Bovada Hand Converter once BR hits $6000
3) Possibly hit $7k BR and withdraw for the first time :)
4) Maintain a good winrate. Running super hot atm at 23ishbb/100 for the past 6k hands at 100NL.

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So true about the filter hahaha.

Goals are to stop tilting like a f***wit and put in solid A game volume. Hopefully winnings etc should fall into place after that

F

fooks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck to you,I would like to make +200$in month-to-bankroll and then move on MTT

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goal is to play 1,000 + hours of live poker this year, 100k hands online and £200k profit

once im not lazy it is very doable

Considering I did 6 figures last year and was completely lazy for 5 months out of the year I can see myself doing this.

Oh and win a ****ing tournament

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Roughly 10 hours

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My goals for January:

4) Maintain a good winrate. Running super hot atm at 23ishbb/100 for the past 6k hands at 100NL.

^^^^^WOW.that sounds insanely hard. you must be playing very good.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goal is to play 1,000 + hours of live poker this year, 100k hands online and £200k profit

once im not lazy it is very doable

Considering I did 6 figures last year and was completely lazy for 5 months out of the year I can see myself doing this.

Oh and win a ****ing tournament

wow man, you gotta be one of the highest rollers on the whole forum.

those are some serious goals. If i win 10k ill be in the bahamas retiring. and ur talking about winning 200k. so jealous.

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Roughly 10 hours

What stakes do you play? If you're making $200+ per hour at live poker, you must be playing at least 25/50 NLHE, right? Or high stakes PLO?

My goals for January:

How are you crushing 100NL online when you don't even have a HUD?! I feel that a HUD is a necessity, if not for the VPIP/PFR stats, then at least for tracking hand histories and wins/losses.

Also, how does the competition at Bovada compare to PokerStars? I play 6-max 5NL zoom on Stars and the players are surprisingly quite solid here; they know about playing TAG, button steals and re-stealing, light 3betting in late position with marginal hands, squeezing when a player flats a raise, basic hand ranges and how different board textures hit a player's 2bet/3bet/4bet range differently, when to triple barrel bluff a busted draw, when to bluff catch with Ace high, etc.

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks! Strangely enough, I found 100NL on Bovada to be much easier for me than 50NL, especially in regards to Zone. 100NL Cash is definitely a lot better than 50NL cash though. Despite having way more regs/deep stacks at 100NL Zone, they tend to play nittier/less spewy, 3-bet way less than the 50NL players, and stay out of my way more often, especially when I'm deep-stacked. 50NL Zone was a 3-betting/spewing fest, especially blind vs BTN/CO, which was really irritating without reads. Even my UTG/MP opens got 3-bet a ton, and of course CO too.

What stakes do you play? If you're making $200+ per hour at live poker, you must be playing at least 25/50 NLHE, right? Or high stakes PLO?

How are you crushing 100NL online when you don't even have a HUD?! I feel that a HUD is a necessity, if not for the VPIP/PFR stats, then at least for tracking hand histories and wins/losses.

Also, how does the competition at Bovada compare to PokerStars? I play 6-max 5NL zoom on Stars and the players are surprisingly quite solid here; they know about playing TAG, button steals and re-stealing, light 3betting in late position with marginal hands, squeezing when a player flats a raise, basic hand ranges and how different board textures hit a player's 2bet/3bet/4bet range differently, when to triple barrel bluff a busted draw, when to bluff catch with Ace high, etc.

I actually never played with a HUD on Bovada except for 3 days as a trial on 50NL. I'm kind of used to it, but I am definitely missing out on a good amount of +EV spots, spots where I shouldn't be bluffing a 80/20 fish with 0%/20% FCB, spots where I could for example cold 4-bet AK vs small blind light 3-betting a BTN open, etc. The HUD was very useful, but I feel too cheap atm to invest in one. Yeah, I know it'll pay off, but I'm just waiting for my bankroll to get a little bigger :). I mainly review hands from Bovada's hand replayer to see hands that went to showdown, and I just count win/losses in BIs for each session. Would be really nice to see stats/graphs with my HUD/HEM2 soon though.

I never played on Pokerstars, but I'm going to assume if you directly compared a stake level, Pokerstars would be decently better. I heard that Bovada is softer due to sports gamblers playing on the site as well, and also Bovada limits regs from infesting the site with their 4 table limit. But I'll admit that 100NL/50NL is decently tough and is a big step from the 5NL/10NL/25NL on Bovada. They squeeze, 3-bet light (especially blind vs BTN/BTN vs CO/MP), and bluff a lot more and a lot better.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pretty sure it's mostly from PLO. He has a thread here chronicling some of his adventures if you're interested,

A database is a great tool, but a real time HUD is kind of a different thing and requires some criteria to be met to be as useful as they're reputed to be. Still, provided you're using it correctly there's practically no reason at all not to do so.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That could very well be the case, but it's 6k hands. That kind of thing's going to happen to all of us with a sample like that.

Speaking of which this is mostly 100NL too incidentally.

Edit: Hey my next post is 1000. Can't waste this golden opportunity. Time to scour CC for the perfect post to respond to with a snarky one liner (honestly I'm just going to go play video games now... 'cause I know ppl believed me when I said that).

Attachments

• giraffe.jpg
    giraffe.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What stakes do you play? If you're making $200+ per hour at live poker, you must be playing at least 25/50 NLHE, right? Or high stakes .

I'm playing PLO anywhere from 5/10 to 25/50/100

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My goal is to get more poker time. Over the past few years life has got in the way and 2016 looks like a better yeah for me.

I have written a schedule yet, but it will include upto 4 MTTs everyday, with cash games being played at the same time. If the MTT challenge fails, I can always go back to sit-n-gos.

Good Luck everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 Games