D

Dalester

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Was playing a cash game last weekend .. I had J -10
Guy with AA goes all in and I decided to take a chance as he seemed to have a pattern ..
turns out i caught a straight . Afterward the guy couldn’t let it go that I called and was taking it super personal .. funny thing is ( as I told him this and he stopped ) when he pushed all in pre flip and I would have showed him my J-10 he would have been praying I call ..
what are your thoughts?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally think you did the right thing, sometimes when you come up against a bully in a game you have to make a stand, and if he has been dominating the table then I would probably have done the same thing, either praying for a win or busting out and go play at another table.
Personalities can and do clash at the Poker tables and if he took it personally then I would assume his ego had taken a punch, either way well done for giving him a Bruise!

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Was playing a cash game last weekend .. I had J -10
Guy with AA goes all in and I decided to take a chance as he seemed to have a pattern ..
turns out i caught a straight . Afterward the guy couldn’t let it go that I called and was taking it super personal .. funny thing is ( as I told him this and he stopped ) when he pushed all in pre flip and I would have showed him my J-10 he would have been praying I call ..
what are your thoughts?
He can't believe you called? More like he can't believe you called and won! haha

It is hard to take a loss with AA but it's not personal. When you see that red monotone board and you're holding black AA, it's tough for the soul but ultimately an easy lay-down.

But you're totally right. When you jam AA, you want callers. Lately, I've been getting folds all around the table with just a 3x raise.

D

Dalester

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I got lucky cause I though I had a read on him .. was stunned to see his Airlines … even more so to beat him

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I got lucky cause I though I had a read on him .. was stunned to see his Airlines … even more so to beat him
What read did you have as JT beats nothing preflop. I.e. you will almost never have 50% equity.

Calling the shove was a terrible play but you got rewarded, so good :D. Villain tilting off is also terrible play and I hope you managed to take more money off him afterwards!

I can see why he was frustrated but that's just poker, happened to all of us.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some players are carried away by their passions and emotions, which is a major mistake, because they end up losing more and more and they play like maniacs! There must be a righr measure and have knowledge of the limits. This is by itself one of the biggest victories.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think he should play carefully when he sees such a board, and if you go to All-in before the flop, you also need to be careful because you will lose 20% and this happens even more often in an online game we'll remember this

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My aces rarely get through so I understand this - but you've just gotta take that roll of the dice when it happens!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Be careful with that hand brother.
Not always in poker is "I thought it could be good"
In this case it was good for you and I am very happy.
But according to the statistics, keep in mind that he will win 80% of the time.
But as I said before, I congratulate you anyway.
Those bully players are very good at times to stop them.
Greetings:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's complicated to call an all-in with a J 10 right at the beginning, you have to know how the guy is playing from the beginning to know if it's his bluff, but you got lucky on this one, it's good to take a little risk.