Hero on BB With AhJh.
Player 1 from Btn limps so does SB.
Hero raises 7$.
Villian from Btn Calls.
SB folds.
Flop is 8h 10s Qs.
I Decided to bet 40% Cbet.
Villian Jams all in.
I had a read on villian that he was pretty fishy and was well capable of doing it with mid pair or bottom pair.
Here i had double gutshot straight draw.
Backdoor flush draw and 1 over card,so i decided to call.
Opponent turns over Q2off!
Board doesnt help me so villian wins.
Now here i checked my equity on flop.
I had 43.50% equity against villians 56.50% equity.
I am confused was this a correct play?
Should i do it again if in same spot.
What could i have done better?
Thanks.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call 7BB in two (potentially - BTN could also call) with Q2off - says that you got a maniac. Lucky maniac - he got a pair and was able to win with her. I think your version of the rally was correct. Although you paid excessively by calling all-in having only a draw. You also had a passive version of the game - a preflop call and a further fold for significant aggression. It would save you as much as $ 60.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though you had a read, I wouldnt have called the All-In, without having anything yet. Maybe if the Flop would have had a second heart.

Would have waited for a better board

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without that many outs, why not let him tell you if he hit the flop first before betting your equity on getting 1 of only 4 cards in the deck that would give you the straight or an ace? Decide if you are going to call him after he bets.

He was lucky hitting that after calling with a duece kicker. Your read will be better after you see him bet on the flop.

.50/1$ NLholdem.
3 players.
Hero stack(60BB)
Villian stack(62 BB)
Hero on BB With AhJh.
Player 1 from Btn limps so does SB.
Hero raises 7$.
Villian from Btn Calls.
SB folds.
Flop is 8h 10s Qs.
I Decided to bet 40% Cbet.
Villian Jams all in.
I had a read on villian that he was pretty fishy and was well capable of doing it with mid pair or bottom pair.
Here i had double gutshot straight draw.
Backdoor flush draw and 1 over card,so i decided to call.
Opponent turns over Q2off!
Board doesnt help me so villian wins.
Now here i checked my equity on flop.
I had 43.50% equity against villians 56.50% equity.
I am confused was this a correct play?
Should i do it again if in same spot.
What could i have done better?
Thanks.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO, you played the hand just fine, up until the point where you called a shove. I mean, the worst possible hand your opponent can have there that you beat on the flop is something like JXs making villain on a SD/FD. Even with your read, which was apparently good, you shouldn't be calling there.
Against such loose players, tighten up, make calls with made hands or with nut draws, meaning that a call here would be OK if this was a 2 hearts board with a straight draw as well.

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what one of the others posts mentioned was correct, you played good up to the point of calling the all in. I would have likely only called the all in if i had Js9s, or pocket A's & K's....mmm tricky situation thought

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely don't call the all-in; for all I know he's got Js9s or KsJs or a set. Even the most fish of fish get good hands at the same percentage as good players.

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up until you called the shove, you played this hand well. The thing for me is the call without you making any sort of hand yet. I mean you said it yourself this guy could have anything. And maybe he had a cbet read on you, and had a feeling you missed. The worst play in poker imo is calling bluffs with nothing more than a draw