Correct fold Aces with bad runout ?

A

aashka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian profile: loose pre-flop caller, will go all in with strong hands or draws.
Stack size

Game .25/.50
Hero: $170
Villian: $86

Preflop
limp, hero raises to $2.50, villian calls, limper calls

Flop
J 7 9 rainbow
check, check, hero bets $5.
Villain calls, early limper folds. heads up now

Turn is a 2
check, hero bets $8, villian calls

River is 8
Villain goes all in for $71
Hero folds

What would you do? I haven't seen him go all in with just one pair. He was tilted from previous loss and desperate to get it all back which inclined me to think about even a call. My logic was it's very easy for him to have a 10 or just two pair like J8

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right decision in the end mate.You should raise more on the preflop with pocket aces against that type of players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way that is ever a call, when he bet around 2 times the pot, and there is a 1-liner to a straight. If he bluffed you, then good for him.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything seems correct just because of the information you give me about the villain, I think I would have called it, I know it is a risk, I do not think he have the straigh but if it is likely that he has a set, I with that information of the villain would have taken the risk of losing my money but it was certainly a correct fold

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I would fold almost 100% even against a bluffy/tilted/aggressive player.

He can hit the straight almost by accident.

You get better boards and hands later if he continues to over bet dangerous boards.

Just check-call when you have it on the river OOP. And IP just call with strong hands on dry boards especially. before the river. That if if he has the sense to fold - otherwise valu bet him with a stronger range.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold almost 100% even against a bluffy/tilted/aggressive player.

I also think, there are some very generous assumptions involved here. "He was tilted from previous loss and desperate to get it all back". How exactly did we know that? Had he been going off in the chat? If not how exactly do we know? Especially at a limit this high we can not just assume, everyone goes on monkey tilt and start to spew away stacks, because they are down for the session.

Folding in Poker