CHANGING LIMITS

D

domnuasu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,
Has anyone noticed this before, the huge difference between the limits or just it seems to me? I played around 18,000 hands in NL2, but without any profit, now i go up a little, then go down more. In 18430 hands, at NL2, I got -(minus)6.35 EUR, and in 1380 hands, at NL4, I got 25EUR.
Everything seems to be different in NL4 from NL2. At NL2 I was barely getting a good starting hand , that's why VPIP is 17. Playing at NL4. always just good starting hands, which increased my VPIP to 26.6
Is it true or just a momentary illusion?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 22
G

Great Big Pair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think these stats tell you anything. The sample size for both is too small, but the sample size for 4NL is ridiculously small.

You say yourself that you went card dead for quite a spell during the 2NL sample. This happens to us all. Sounds like you busted out of the card dead spell just as you changed limits. Pure coincidence.

Also, at a 2NL sample size that small, it only take a few unlucky/misplayed hands to end up with that result. And at such a small 4NL sample size, a mini-heater will get you that result.

I think sometimes changing limits, changing games, changing poker site, or even just taking a break to watch a video and come back with a new insight freshens our minds a bit and everything seems different. Better, even. This may have happened to you as well.