Cards Chat Blog: FP's strategy posts

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good stuff there. Especially for limit players like I am. I know there's alot of you folks that have been reading it regularly, but I'd like to point it out for those that are newer here like me or have just missed it.

I had a rough session last night and was a bit down so as usual I look for something to read for positive reinforcement and also to pick up on some things I may have been overlooking. I love to read about poker. Not much of a writer for strategy, but I can read it all day long. I just spent the last hour reading through alot of Fredrik's strategy posts and my mind is back on track. Great stuff FP you have that Ed Miller way of explaining things...

One of the funniest damn things was from his "How's Your Position" post. FP say's he wasn't sure if it's just him but I can tell you for sure it's not just you. It's me in a nutshell. Funny stuff:

"Poker learning is cyclical; or at least it is for me. I tend to go through a cycle that looks something like this:
  1. I rock. I’m invincible. Fear me!
  2. What the hell, why am I having such bad luck lately?! No fair! I don’t deserve to be down!!
  3. Okay, so I screwed up in that hand. And that one. Oh, and I could have played that smarter. Geez, time to re-read [insert book here].
  4. *finds topic that needs refreshment* Aha. Oh yeah, I have to learn to pay more attention to that in the future. (#4 gets repeated for a couple of topics)
  5. Let’s see if I can find some hands where I can practise this. Here are some good examples… Oh, okay. I get it now; I should have [action] instead. Okay.
  6. *Plays a couple of thousand hands* How could I even be a winner before? God, I sucked at poker back then.
  7. I rock at poker. I’m invincible!
Rinse and repeat."

After last night I was #2 and #3 combined. After reading through a bunch of his blog posts I'm back to nuetral.

Point is if your tilting or just need some daily affirmation, check out the blog. There's a ton of good information there...

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
........ and thank you Swanny for your post.
Of course. I was just adding in a relevant link to exactly what Swanny was talking about, incase people hadn't already seen it.

Swanny

Swanny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I originally intended to post the link there myself but when I saw his "cycical" reference in the one post it cracked me up and I got off track. ;)

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, I started laughing when I read this b/c this is pretty much the exact thinking I go through. When things are running good, I think that I will never lose, then I have a bad day and I suck again.