Call big 3bet or 4bet(standart or shove)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open in the SB with AKo and the BB make a 3bet off 29bb,i dont have info about the vilain,first thingh i thoug was in folding,i though he has AA or KK,but i think,folding a 3bet with AK is to nith,so i call,and have to face another hard desition flop,calling a massive shove with top pair. Wath you guis/girls think, should i have make a 4bet? should i have fold flop?
https://www.boomplayer.com/pt-BR/31576193_59AFF55DCD

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open in the SB with AKo and the BB make a 3bet off 29bb,i dont have info about the vilain,first thingh i thoug was in folding,i though he has AA or KK,but i think,folding a 3bet with AK is to nith,so i call,and have to face another hard desition flop,calling a massive shove with top pair. Wath you guis/girls think, should i have make a 4bet? should i have fold flop?
https://www.boomplayer.com/pt-BR/31576193_59AFF55DCD
hi hi
what an interesting hand, thank you share it
i likely play it like you did
i interested see comments on this, so many brilliant players in cardschat
i curious if the the amount of real dollars, in this case tiny amounts influence decisions...
the 29bb raise a few dollars value... what if it was $500? or enough to seriously hurt... you still call?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a smart way to play the hand. Calling the massive 3 bet shows you have a strong hand but still want to see a flop. Checking shows you want him to continue since he had control preflop. Since he had 1 pot size bet left, he had to shove and pray you didn't catch the K, which you did. Well done on that play!

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my thought process. You have a very strong hand. When villian 3bet to 29bb I am comfortable assuming 2 things:

The villian loves his hand, and would end all in preflop.
The villian is not a good player. If you don't know the villian, then the villian doesn't know you either. I don't think that a disciplined player would do such a move with ANY hand against an unknown. I would expect a 3bet of 3x.

So I'm happily shoving, expecting to get called with worse hands.

Sure, he may have AA or KK, but we are blocking those. He may have a pair as well, but it wouldn't surprise me to see AQ, AJ or AT also. I also prefer 4betting all in for the following: AK will hit a flop a third of the time. What are you going to do the 2 thirds when you don't hit and face an all in from the villian on the flop (Its a play I expect from him on 100% flops)?

I don't really like your call to the 3bet, I prefer much more 4bet shoving preflop.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hi hi
what an interesting hand, thank you share it
i likely play it like you did
i interested see comments on this, so many brilliant players in cardschat
i curious if the the amount of real dollars, in this case tiny amounts influence decisions...
the 29bb raise a few dollars value... what if it was $500? or enough to seriously hurt... you still call?
This is pretty much why bank roll management exists, so you do not have to think a decision may hurt. It should be a choice based on mathematical odds, not fear.

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've lost much too much money over rating my AKo preflop on more occasions than I care to remember. Here lately I limp or call up to 3BB and hope to hit the flop. One of my worse scenarios is when I'm UTG with AKo. If I were to look back at all the times I played it hard I know it would come out negative return. Come to think of it I really don't like AKo very much. Cheers.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against such a big 3bet there is no standard 4bet.. but that guy is clearly not so good so i would just shove.