Call all in check raise with trips top kicker?

skilletlicker

skilletlicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1/3 9 handed. 400 eff. Btn straddle $6. blinds call. Hero raises to 40 UTG with AJs. BB calls.

Flop(92) JJ5r
BB check. Hero bets 25. BB calls.
Turn(142) JJ5Kr
BB check. Hero bets 75. BB check raises all in.

hero?

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call to me. It seems like he floated the flop with some Kx hand and once he caught a piece of action on the turn, he check raised all in. Very rare that he has pocket 5's or K5o.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very gross spot, you do beat villain value-raise ranges like JTs,QJs
so I cannot fault you calling here. It would be +EV is villain is capable of bluffing hands like ATs,

J

JeetsMcskeets89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes that's a call there all day shoot

skilletlicker

skilletlicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I did snap call. The player had pocket 5's. Its just a cooler I guess.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a snap call as played. You should examine the profitability of AJ utg in a live full ring poker setting. I think raising is the worst option preflop. I would just fold that hand or flat, especially given the effective stacks. the population tendency at lowstakes is to have a lower bluffing frequency and to pile in money when they have decent hands without any regard for relative hand strength. I just don't see a point in bloating the pot OOP.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might get away from your hand if you look back. On a rainbow board, what is he checkraising with? I would probably call, just like you did, but I can see some people making a very tight fold here. It would help if you told something about the players involved in the hand. How did they play before? Have you seen them making big bluffs or folds?

J

jh70

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
could have easily had a weaker jack, king anything. too strong of a hand to fold most of the time unless you have a good read on the opponent

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick call here for me as well.. reading on vilain is required for a perfect decision.. but poker 101 says call.. I mean he called 40, 13x the BB (you choose your raises :p) I don't see pocket 5s or J5 even if they're suited, Aces is possible.. AK, QQ.. KK are also possible, but odds are a bit low...

Jam after missing the straight on the turn?

If it was on ACR, yesterday, AJ had a tendency to appear in double most of the time someone was getting it... AJ off is also a possibility!

But I stay with what I've said: quick call..

-TRP-

skilletlicker

skilletlicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You might get away from your hand if you look back. On a rainbow board, what is he checkraising with? I would probably call, just like you did, but I can see some people making a very tight fold here. It would help if you told something about the players involved in the hand. How did they play before? Have you seen them making big bluffs or folds?
The player had just sat down. It was his first hand at the table. Middle aged white guy.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call here as well unless I know my opponent only makes a move when they are sure they have it. just tough luck

J

jh70

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a snap call as played. You should examine the profitability of AJ utg in a live full ring poker setting. I think raising is the worst option preflop. I would just fold that hand or flat, especially given the effective stacks. the population tendency at lowstakes is to have a lower bluffing frequency and to pile in money when they have decent hands without any regard for relative hand strength. I just don't see a point in bloating the pot OOP.
so you fold everything worse than kings utg? thats easy to play against

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so you fold everything worse than kings utg? thats easy to play against

No, 1/3 players are easy to play against. I never said I only play KK+. I said I would fold AJ utg in a live 1/3 game. That’s exactly why I play 5/10 now. At 1/2 1/3 opponents are unbalanced and easy to range. That means you play exploitable poker in position and print money. 87os OTB is more profitable than AJ utg in full ring 1/3. You don’t have to believe me, it’s just more money for me.

Keller265

Keller265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1/3 9 handed. 400 eff. Btn straddle $6. blinds call. Hero raises to 40 UTG with AJs. BB calls.

Flop(92) JJ5r
Turn(142) JJ5Kr

hero?

I would call. I feel as though the odds would be in hero's favour. I have always called during situations like this.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree. Play out this situation a 1000 times with a 1000 players and you will come out on top

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Flop(92) JJ5r
Turn(142) JJ5Kr

hero?

Your Post and thread title sounds like the perfect situation that every poker player waits for what seems like forever to get at the table...

Nice Thread... Good Play... Luck doesn't get much better than that at the tables..

Obviously as long as they're not sitting on KK making a full house on the flop you're golden and in the money or simply Busted and Sucked Out!!!

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would also call, although I should know the type of opponent.