C-betting in Flop OOP (Micro Stakes)

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a huge problem with this. When I should and should NOT Continuation Bet in Flop OOP?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your hand what is the board texture who are the player types.The question is so general it's impossible to answer,post specific hands your unsure of.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your hand what is the board texture who are the player types.The question is so general it's impossible to answer,post specific hands your unsure of.

I need a general guideline for cBetting in Flop OOP against every player type.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a huge problem with this. When I should and should NOT Continuation Bet in Flop OOP?

First off, you should balance your C-bet's If you're playing against a passive villain that folds to a C-bet more than 50% it's best to C-bet. If you're playing against players that call EVERY C-bet don't C-bet against these players, Value bet. If you are playing against balanced players or unknown players, have balance in your C-bets. the point of the bet is to win before showdown when our cards miss. So Using information about who we are C-betting into is relative to whether or not we should or shouldn't.

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off, you should balance your C-bet's If you're playing against a passive villain that folds to a C-bet more than 50% it's best to C-bet. If you're playing against players that call EVERY C-bet don't C-bet against these players, Value bet. If you are playing against balanced players or unknown players, have balance in your C-bets. the point of the bet is to win before showdown when our cards miss. So Using information about who we are C-betting into is relative to whether or not we should or shouldn't.
Good advice, I'll target someone who keeps folding to a c-bet just for a table change to go unnoticed and suddenly everyone at the new table is a calling station and I've wasted a decent chip size.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice, I'll target someone who keeps folding to a c-bet just for a table change to go unnoticed and suddenly everyone at the new table is a calling station and I've wasted a decent chip size.

You’re not “targeting” someone with a C-bet? Where did you get that from? every decision in poker needs information to make the best decision. No difference in whether or not to bet on the flop between checking C-betting as a bluff or C-betting for value, after being pre-flop aggressor. this post was knowing when to C-bet. If you don’t track the players on your table and know who’s over folding or under folding to C-bets then that is something you should work on. If you don’t recognize a table change had occurred you need to pay more attention to the game. If everyone at the table is a calling station then obviously you should use the second portion of what I posted about NOT C-betting and bet for value instead. We need to make the best decision every street it’s that simple.

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is all massively situational.

Is the board wet, how many players in the pot, what ranges could your opponents have, what ranges could you be representing, could you be chasing something etc...

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Ah if only I had said this....

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When your opponents sb BB hand range dominates the flop of 567 or 8 10 9
Cbetting out of position with ak on a draw heavy easy to hit non premium flop is a tricky situation.
If your opponent has an j8 he isnt going anywhere best to check the flop and hope he isnt going to bet the flop on a draw.
If you bet he calls and you gain very little information
If you check and he bets you gain information of relative bet sizing.
The turn misses you check he may check back giving a free river hoping for AK or a solid duece. pretend He misses river if you lead out you get pot he will fold immediatley with broken draw if you let him take the lead by checking the river you give him the opportunity to make a mistake/bluff.

I wonder in different table compositions
Should I be playing proactive or Reactive.
Makes all the difference in the world

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear colleague, micro is a less technical style of play. My tip is: Always analyze the player's profile and his behavior at the table, this is very valuable to make this decision. Micro stakes is an aquarium!

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What is your VPiP/PFR? -- as this should also affect how you attack the flop.

Also, are your opponents aware? If opponents are unaware, your PFR may not matter much when construction your flop cbet range.

For example, a Nit that raises 8% (6max) with aware opponents can get away with cbetting 100% of the time. This is because his range is so tight that his opponents are always giving him credit for a big hand when he raises. So they are more likely to fold on the flop against a nit.

A LAG player that raises every other hand often gets called down more on the flop. So, that means if you have a high PFR you might want to slow down and weight your bets towards value on the flop, since people are more likely to call you down with 2nd and 3rd pairs.

When OOP I think it is important to keep some top pair hands in your checking range, so that you don't get blown off your hands when you check with air.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars