Bumpy start to June - Advice?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are my PT stats for 6/1-6/5. I've played only full NL ring tables and mostly $25NL. Anyone see anything I need to work on?

Last edited:
shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, stay away from your check button and increase your aggression more preflop

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the limited ability to make conclusions just from the stats, here are my suggestions:

1. Loosen up in the hj, co, and btn (16% vp$ip is pretty tight).

2. I think "went to showdown" should be in the 30-35% range-- you are getting too much respect because of 16%^^ or are playing too weak tight and folding winners too often.

3. It's interesting that your aggression escalates (flop < turn < river)-- seems like it should be the opposite to me: there should be more times where raise on earlier streets for information, or on a semi-bluff draw, and where you check down the river in position with a marginal hand, rather than the opposite.

Hope that helps!?!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the limited ability to make conclusions just from the stats, here are my suggestions:

1. Loosen up in the hj, co, and btn (16% vp$ip is pretty tight).

2. I think "went to showdown" should be in the 30-35% range-- you are getting too much respect because of 16%^^ or are playing too weak tight and folding winners too often.

3. It's interesting that your aggression escalates (flop < turn < river)-- seems like it should be the opposite to me: there should be more times where raise on earlier streets for information, or on a semi-bluff draw, and where you check down the river in position with a marginal hand, rather than the opposite.

Hope that helps!?!
Huge help! Thanks. (You too, Shiney.)

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now a word from someone totally unfamiliar with whatever it was that generated those stats. Add to that caveat the fact that I suck at ring games and you can skip to the next post if you like and my feelings won't be scarred for life.

The thing that sticks out to me is that it appears that you are going to showdown too often with a losing hand. Are you assuming villains are bluffing more, or are you bluffing too much and getting called? The VP$IP seems low, but not by much.