On the Bubble 26$ Frenzy

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the 26$ Token Frenzys on Full Tilt. I am playing one right now and just did something I've never done before in my life...With the top 36 receiving a token and 37 players left, I folded AA in middle position. With blinds of 500, 1000 and a 125 ante from each player, along with two players sitting with around 600, I thought it was foolish to put the chips in or raise, and have KK get there or even a worse hand. Once in a live tournament, the lady sitting next to me claimed, "I'll fold aces, kings queens, I don't care..if we're that close to the money I'll do it." I didn't agree here, because in a tournament I play to win. Position moves and bluffs are part of the game and part of what it takes to win a tournament. On the other hand, my goal here was to crack the top 36 and get a token to play in one of the guarantees tonight. It didn't matter if I finished 1st or 36th. Anyway, this is probably a useless post--just thought it was a stupid move at first. After the fact, I reached my goal and if mucking the best starting hand in NLHE got me there, I guess it worked.

P

popapez

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that was a smart move. Aces get cracked a large enough percentage of the time that it's not worth the risk of gaining more chips with that hand (because the amount of chips you have doesnt matter when 1 more person is knocked out).

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the prize for first place is exactly the same as the prize for 36th then I don't see anything wrong.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Somebody has to go out. You didn't say what your stack was. If you can see a flop and perhaps pick up the blinds, better to secure your spot. Just don't bet a big chunk.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea sorry, my stack was around 9000 at the time. Like stated-my goal was to make 36th, and if I had a big enough stack to fold my way to it, didn't see a problem.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been the bubble boy because I didn't fold AA. I learned my lesson.:mad: