Breakeven --> Winner @ 10NL - how!?

B

BalearicBluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a winning MTT (micro-low) player ~30% ROI looking to transition to cash. I am currently breakeven at 10NL, decent not huge sample (~35K hands). Slightly winning with rakeback but negligible, I basically jsut can't seem to beat it currently.

I'm new to PT4 (never needed it to beat low stakes MTTs) and am somewhat lost at sea as to how best to use it. All my stats are within optimal range according to leak tracker so I have no idea how to go about finding the big leaks causing me to fail to beat these stakes.

Would love anyone experienced to suggest the best spots and filters to look at, or speculate as to the most probable big leaks I have.

I study a lot away from table so eager for advice or prompts at all. I just can't believe how hard cash is to beat, the standard seems really poor but yet I can't beat it so I am also one of the fish!

Can obv provide stats, graphs etc

Thanks to any legend who responds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could be something as simple as a lack of focus on table and seat selection. When I played cash games, I began to wonder after a while, why I always seemed to have the nits on my right and the LAGs, fish and maniacs on my left. And then one day it dawned on me, that this was because, someone else did not want that seat, and this is why, it became vacant.

Other than that the main difficulty when transitioning from tournaments to cash games is the fact, that there is much more turn and river play with 100BB stacks. So you have situations like getting raised on the turn with the threat of another big river barrel, which just does not come up very often in tournaments.

B

BalearicBluff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It could be something as simple as a lack of focus on table and seat selection. When I played cash games, I began to wonder after a while, why I always seemed to have the nits on my right and the LAGs, fish and maniacs on my left. And then one day it dawned on me, that this was because, someone else did not want that seat, and this is why, it became vacant.

Other than that the main difficulty when transitioning from tournaments to cash games is the fact, that there is much more turn and river play with 100BB stacks. So you have situations like getting raised on the turn with the threat of another big river barrel, which just does not come up very often in tournaments.

Cheers for this, only just seen the reply. Funnily enough, I think you are absolutely right on focus, I was doing hand reviews over the weekend and have realised I am just not constructing my opponents' ranges well at all. I am playing too many tables. I've cut down to 4 tables and have played night and day better, so I think the lack of focus thing is huge. Definitely going to 4 table for the foreseeable, play shorter sessions and really focus on range construction.

As for table selection, I play on Party so harder to follow to the spots around. (Which I like as a policy, tbh). The one thing I can control is closing reg-infested tables.

I also think you are right on turn and river. I am v happy with my preflop strat, balanced and using RNG, and have also done tonnes of study on flop play, but just not accustomed to playing so many turns and rivers.

Thanks for reply anyway, I will keep grinding the study and hopefully begin to see a winrate.

Winner Poker