The bluff

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would anyone Be able to advise me bluffing when first starting out on micro cash 6 max, would you keep it to a minimumm:fight:

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of good players fold to a 3 bet pre flop, try that once in a blue moon first. No good reasons trying to bluff someone who dosen't fold.

Last edited:
A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet when in position. Often. Regardless of what you have.

That's become more common, however, so a lot of people will call you nowadays. So consider c-betting the turn as well.

But it's best to not just do it 100% blindly. Consider the texture of the board, your opponents range (based on VPIP), and if possible check your opponent's "folds to c-bet stats".

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I would keep it to a minimum to see the flop
Rgds

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow Sharpie, I've gotta admit. I've seen 'em black, I've seen 'em white, I've seen 'em brown. But I can't remember ever seeing someone with a blue rear end.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C betting the flop is great advice, you will likely take down lots of pots in 6max because the flop won't hit anyone a majority of the time.

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet when in position. Often. Regardless of what you have.

That's become more common, however, so a lot of people will call you nowadays. So consider c-betting the turn as well.

But it's best to not just do it 100% blindly. Consider the texture of the board, your opponents range (based on VPIP), and if possible check your opponent's "folds to c-bet stats".

thanks for you prompt reply sir, with that in mind would you say having a HUD from the get go is a must to establish the VPIP and so on...

Cheers again:D

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for you prompt reply sir, with that in mind would you say having a HUD from the get go is a must to establish the VPIP and so on...

Cheers again:D

I'll be honest -- I probably don't look at HUD stats as often as I should, but sometimes I feel like the line to take is pretty straightforward. And if you're paying much attention, it's usually easy to remember who plays a lot of hands.

But it's not as easy to noticed someone who folds too much, IMO. They're just don't attract attention. And if you're not paying attention and/or if you're playing a lot of tables, then yes, you're going to need a HUD to remember VPIP.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would anyone Be able to advise me bluffing when first starting out on micro cash 6 max, would you keep it to a minimumm:fight:
I would keep it situational and try to bluff with reason and make it believable.
Can't spell believable without lie