Blackrain79 micro book???

M

muckem97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, was looking for some micro stakes book and came along Blackrain79s book. Is it worth buying. It seems like blackrain is only interested in beating the micros. Nothing else. My whole goal is to move up in stakes. Not just constantly beating the Micros and stay there.

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think if his only aim is to crush microstakes, then he has to be a pretty knowledgeable source for that level. Even if his book does nothing for you up on higher levels, it would at least help you to get to them. It seems to me (and this is only the opinion of a noob) that playing games at any stakes will require the exact same set of skills, just applied in different fashions. *if anybody disagrees, please speak up so I can squash this line of thinking if it's proven to be stupid.* So if you have a pretty solid control of the basics, I can't see anything wrong with picking up a book that's so narrowly focused. I feel like I have seen some of his content on youtube not long ago, so you can probably get a sample of what he has to offer, see if it's a good fit for you.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, was looking for some micro stakes book and came along Blackrain79s book. Is it worth buying. It seems like blackrain is only interested in beating the micros. Nothing else. My whole goal is to move up in stakes. Not just constantly beating the Micros and stay there.
As 'mtl mile end' pointed out, there is an ongoing thread where he has been answering questions recently, which has some good info in it already.

I did want to add that in order to move up in stakes, you are going to need a good foundation. If you can't beat the micros, you probably wouldn't be able to move up in stakes. I haven't read it myself, so this is all conjecture, but I would imagine it would definitely get you in the right direction and give you a solid foundation of which to work off of. I'm probably going to pick it up myself at some point soon.
Also Nathan(Blackrain79) puts out blog posts/strategy articles regularly, as well as some hand analysis videos on YouTube, if you didn't already know. I would imagine that they could give you an idea of his style of teaching, to see if it would be something you are more interested in.

K

kball64

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd buy it to help you climb up to a $2500 bankroll. I plan on purchasing his micro stakes books and give them a good read.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found myself falling into some FPS (fancy play syndrome) recently so went ahead and read his free e-book on the micros. Set me straight back on track real quick. Good stuff.

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent read his book but have watched a lot of his videos.

The main premise is finding fishy tables and simply outplaying the fish and taking the stacks.

If Im not mistaken the higher you go in stakes the less fish you will find. In the videos he even mentions that whatever he is going to show you will probably not work in higher stakes games.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent read his book but have watched a lot of his videos.

The main premise is finding fishy tables and simply outplaying the fish and taking the stacks.

If Im not mistaken the higher you go in stakes the less fish you will find. In the videos he even mentions that whatever he is going to show you will probably not work in higher stakes games.

X2 - his videos are very informative and i enjoyed them alot. He is very knowledgeable and has a solid strategy to be successful at these stakes.

I have never purchased his book but then again i have heard about it several times and heard nothing but really good things about it. Well worth the price i would say. As a poker player i think it always benefits to keep learning and never be scared to invest in yourself and whatever learning materials you might be interested in :)

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not bought the book yet but will soon. I have read much of his free info and it is presented well. It has helped me at the micros, which is where I am starting, for reasons mentioned. I must be able to win there in order to move up in stakes.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, ya as mentioned everything I put out is focused on the micro stakes, roughly up to and including NL100 online and 5/10 live.

I believe that this is what makes my poker advice more useful than many other coaches/writers. I don't try to teach you everything. I teach you how to do one thing really well instead, beat the micros (where 90% of poker players never get beyond).

Any questions about anything, you can always feel free to send me a PM here on CC. I pop on here frequently.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, ya as mentioned everything I put out is focused on the micro stakes, roughly up to and including NL100 online and 5/10 live.

I believe that this is what makes my poker advice more useful than many other coaches/writers. I don't try to teach you everything. I teach you how to do one thing really well instead, beat the micros (where 90% of poker players never get beyond).

Any questions about anything, you can always feel free to send me a PM here on CC. I pop on here frequently.

I did not even know that you are a member of the CC! You are my favorite author, your books helped me very much in my game, I'm waiting for your third book to be translated into Russian!
Good luck to you and Thank you!

S

simmo5050

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blackrain79 produces good quality content in the form of clips on YouTube , articles and his books.

He is a proven winner at 0.01/0.02 and 0.02/0.05 over 100,00s of hands. Check out his YouTube uploads. I haven't yet bought either of his books but his articles have a lot of great material that will help.

Black Chip Poker - Black Chip Bonus Code - Live Dealer Blackjack