** Dealing Flop ** [ 8h, 7d, 3h ]
Player1 checks
Hero bets [$81.12 USD]
Player1 calls [$81.12 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
Player1 checks
Hero: last few hands for me today
Hero: gg
Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Hero bets [$207.66 USD]
Player1 raises [$850 USD]
Hero calls [$642.34 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
Player1 is all-In [$2,798.08 USD]
Your timebank will be activated once the regular time to act elapses
Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
Hero will be using their time bank for this hand.
Hero calls [$2,798.08 USD]
Player1 shows [ 3s, 9s ]a pair of Threes.
Hero shows [ Qc, 8s ]a pair of Eights.
Hero wins $7,562.40 USD from the main pot with a pair of Eights.
Game #18079573474 starts.

By far my biggest cashgame pot ever, im mainly mid stakes grinder, i play up to NL1k hu when i sell some action to my friends and people that belive in me ( some of my coaches aswell :p) and now i decided to take a shot at a NL2.5k HU game, ive been studying and improving my HU game, and this is the biggest pot in my life, i ended up up 7 buyins in this game and im playing alot of higher HU games now as my bankroll has increased by alot in the past few months :)

Last edited:
G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done man!!

Good to see someone nailing it. Where do you play?

Brave call on the river?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really tough call, i was tanking river for all of my timebank, opponent was really aggresive and i just told him that ill be quitting soon as it was 5 in the morning my time and i was geting really tierd, so i think thats the part of the reason that i called this river down, i also cant fold all of my 8x in this spot as i would be overfolding and should just check back either flop or turn if im planning to fold to c/r or not willing to play for it all pretty much

Oh, and i play on partypoker, stars and sometimes 888 but those games arent running as much these days, party has pretty active and soft games at the moment imo.

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 25, 52.50 preflop, bb calls, so pot was 105$, i bet about 80% pot around that

we had some crazy dynamics tho and he was overfolding preflop but playing pretty crazy post flop, thats the reason for my almost min open, i would generally open to something around 2.4x preflop as a standard but decided to go lower as opponent was overfolding in most spots and i was pretty suprised to see 93 of honestly as he was folding like 30-35% of his hands over something like 1k hands in my stats to a minraise btn vs bb

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s a big bet. I never play hu, obviously with that sizing you have a checking range?

Is it a case of betting 8x and 99-QQ on a sliding scale based on vulnerability then checking KK and AA a lot, I mean how do you protect your checking range I guess?

On that board I guess all overpairs or pretty vulnerable.

Just seems s big bet.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The sprs like 36 though? I have no idea how to play that deep. It all went in though!

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im gonna be checking some of my strongest 8's, some of my stronger overpairs, trapping sets sometimes by checking also, and paired 3 to pocket 6's that ill be calling turn/evaluating river almost always, if he hadnt check raised me in this spot for example i would probably overbet or bet close to pot on the river for value, he has every weaker 8, 7s, and ace would be extremly good card for me to bluff on aswell as played on the river, that was my thought process for the hand, i like to think about what would i do in each spot if it played out differently, ie in this spot if he check called the turn bet just to improve my game most i can haha

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s obviously working. Wp bud.

One day I’ll beat my biggest ever pot.. $120 haha!

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks mate :) ive been there aswell, i grinded live cash for a while to get my bankroll going, live games were extremly soft for me, then moved online and played 6max & tournaments mostly, became friends with few really good people & poker players over last few years that ive been playing, wanted to move only to HU but i was advised to keep playing 6max aswell just coz theres not that much money in HU these days, but it didnt seem that way to me, i was "destroying" everyone in the lower stakes and moved up pretty quickly and got coached by some great hu players, now i play both hu and 6max but i study and put way more time into HU coz thats what i enjoy playing the most.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Access to poker friends, especially ones that are obviously a higher level is really important I think. Underrated element of improving at poker too.

My aims pretty low in comparison. Beat NL50 max this year, eventually beat NL200.

My games got more holes than cheese grater though haha!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you posted this hand here https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-game-hand-analysis-50/ you would get more help from members who know what they are talkin about.

Do you care to tell how on earth you hero called that bluff with second pair on that board?? I would really love to hear your reasoning! What hand did you put him on the river?

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow. I would not know what to do in that situation for that much money. That is insane. That's a heck of a lot to be playing HU poker but i guess you have the roll. What a Hero Call...

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold the turn so quick id break my wrist...