Big Blind with Big Slick HU

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero was playing on line 6-max recently and held :ac4::kh4: heads up. I opened raised and got called. Flop came :ad4::10d4::8d4:. Hero checked and V shoved. Auto fold or in the tank? No read on V.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the level you are playing. If this is a high risk hand, you must defend your TPTK. You block off-suit neutral bluffs like QK and KJ. While the villain can have all the FD combos. However, since we do not interfere with rank V, BDFD + BDSD combos are added to his rank, which will seek to defeat all hero dominated bluffs. Which makes the call more balanced. For example a hand like QT in V (off suit and without interference like us) could take this line, since it could represent a hand like QJs which in this case has good implied odds.
Greetings.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for my mistake. This is a mono color board. I'm used to seeing different colored boards when I play, so I didn't pay enough attention.
I think this is a fold. We don't have enough reads to infer too much and the most likely hands to push would be sets and better. It would be very risky to continue here, but again if this is high stakes, possibly we should call since we have the maximum possible hand in our range, because we block top sets here. And at the same time the villain has all the best semi bluffs.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Super! We're on the same page for some of the same reasons you described. Hero mucked.:rock:

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do whatever move you think is going to be the most deceptive to throw off your opponent.

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hero was playing on line 6-max recently and held :ac4::kh4: heads up. I opened raised and got called. Flop came :ad4::10d4::8d4:. Hero checked and V shoved. Auto fold or in the tank? No read on V.

I am not a fan of AK off-suit pre-flop. I like to limp or call pre-flop depending on my position. I will raise preflop minimum, if:

1) There are no previous raises.
2) Most of the players have folded.
3) I'm in a late position.

Then, I like to check the flop(like the Hero), or make a minimum raise to gauge the other player. If they go all-in on the flop, then, they could easily be representing and over-betting and trying to steal the pot (depending on what stake or level the blinds are at, the cash game or tournament's average chip stack size, the V's chipstack size, and my chipstack size.

I wouldn't use auto-fold ever really unless you're trying to take a break from playing for a minute or an orbit or two.

Otherwise, if the player ships it there on the flop and you don't think they're representing, then they very well could have Trips (A's, 10's, or 8's), an open-ended straight with a diamond flush-draw and top pair or a pair; Or, they might just have two pair (A's and 8's, or 10's and 8's). The only way to get a better read on the player to know what they might be playing, is to have already put them on a range by seeing them in action/playing previous hands with yourself or others at the table during your session.

But seeing as you don't have any diamonds on your AKo, there seems to be a lot more that could go wrong then good by making that call... You'd basically be looking for another A to pop out on the turn or River, or a King to pop out, or runner-runner Q-J (with no diamond)

I probably would have folded in this situation after some thought, unless i had my opponent heavily out-stacked and could afford to call if i was unsure about what he had and wanted a better idea of what they could be going all in with for future reference against him or other opponents in similar spots.

Also, it depends on what you raised to pre-flop, it could have been an improper or bad raise, and your V could be in there with J-9 (offsuit or suited)

Or if it was a proper raise, but youve been playing alot of hands, then they could actually have a really good hand like A's or K's.

Or they could just be calling you bc you've been playing alot of hands or giving alot of action.

Or they might be calling you because they see you play alot of hands, you raised it for them to a healthy amount, and now theyre trying to slowplay or trap you, but suddenly changed their mind on the flop, and trying to steal the pot..

hope this helps lol

GL!!!!! :))))

Last edited: