Betting - Chip Colour/Denomination

E

Exordium

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum, as I am a new member here, and I would like to ask about everyone's opinion/whether there has been scientific proof of the following enquiry:

When I bet in a cash game, is there a certain type of chip I should bet with in order to get others in the hand to call/fold?

Eg: If I want to bet $13, would I use two $5 chips and three $1, or one $10 chip and three $1 chips if I wanted them to call. Or, would it make people want to call more if a certain type of colour chip (let's say the $10 chip), is brighter in colour, would that make them want to call more? As the brighter coloured chip entices them into calling?

Thanks all, if this is the wrong sub to post this in, my sincerest apologies.

Regards,

Exordium

Z

Zaksdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO the chip color doesn't matter much at all ... maybe in a big time game throwing out $5-10-25K chip could get someones attention ... $13 is $13, it's 4 chips or 5 chips, not like a giant stack, if it matters to somebody what color chips it is they're a bit of a nit ... they may be watching any number of things, your eyes, how you handle your chips, acting weak or strong, talking to much etc. ... but chip color is probably just about the least likely thing to influence someone ...

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there! Welcome to Cardschat!!:hello:

If you trying to get your raise called, then the colours of the chips is the last thing the other player will be thinking in my opinion. Someone getting reads from chips sounds too far fetched for me, although I have no live poker experience to really tell.

Last edited:
L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely there is no difference in color or quantity of chips.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that the color or value of the chips will provoke the opponent to the action that we can get, although it is possible for completely inexperienced opponents it can work.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars