Bets that feel like your beat

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Total posts
Get to river opponent makes a bet and you feel like your beat. How often do you find when you call you are beat? For me its just about every time i get that feeling. Thoughts? Thx

A

alien666dj

Legend
Total posts
Once you have a game plan, this is half the road to success.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Total posts
Awards
It is important to differentiate between a bad feeling that you are beat simply because you have been running bad lately, or because you truly are beat a lot in a certain spot and should fold.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
I'm happy to say that I don't call very many of those. But I do call some that I'm not sure if I'm beat or not. But still I look at how much it will cost to call, and what position I'm in means a lot. GL to you

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Total posts
It is important to differentiate between a bad feeling that you are beat simply because you have been running bad lately, or because you truly are beat a lot in a certain spot and should fold.

Own all your boos bro , this is epic you put a comment on my post thx

quick

quick

Legend
Total posts
Awards
A lot depends on the opponent, the board texture, the prior action on each street. For example a river bet or 3-bet on a board that you were the aggressor on and they just called along that appears to be a missed flush draw...I'm calling or even raising a good percentage of the time. Especially if they flatted my raise preflop. Sure sometimes it's a set or two pair so I'm cautious with just a pair, but def calling if not raising them if I have 2 pair or better on boards that look like obvious draws with a calling along opponent.

H

Hotlantan

Enthusiast
Total posts
Really depends on how many possible hands could beat you, how the betting action went prior to the river and what the river card might have done to change theaction.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Total posts
the main thing is to pay attention to the ranges of hands to which the river card is suitable, if it has strengthened you to 2 pair + then you can call a small bet.