bet or raise

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have heard thi expression many times and i wonder if it still holds today?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, ofcourse, bet means that you are betting ( putting money in the pot to try to win it ) and raise is when you raise someones bet its pretty simple hope u understand it now haha

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Open raise always when you have good hands.Then you can get more chips from your opponents.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is two different words for the same thing.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet is first action to increase pot size and raising is to increase the size of existing bet in the same betting round. 30% players use the words as a synonym, so usually you must re-read twice and guess what the other player is saying.

“If in any betting round it is a player's turn to act and the action is unopened, then the player can open action in a betting round by making a bet—the act of making the first voluntary bet in a betting round is called opening the round.”

“To raise is to increase the size of an existing bet in the same betting round.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betting_in_poker#Open/Bet/Raise

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a bet that suits your chances!

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought he was asking when do you bet and when do you raise. I often find that when I have decent cards and decide to raise even a little raise that the players all bail out. Then some other guy does a all in or big raise and a bunch chase him in. Been wondering if the could see my cards ... HA HA. When I make a normal bet without raising and I have really good cards then the crazies jump on board with crap cards and I end up losing.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, ofcourse, bet means that you are betting ( putting money in the pot to try to win it ) and raise is when you raise someones bet its pretty simple hope u understand it now haha
i think u mean bet and re-raise is good with strong hand? hah