Bet before flop

V

volare85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have full table and you are in first position playing cash game and you got AA,How much you should bet before flope and how many players you should get in a hand?

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do classic 3BB. Sometimes I'm doing small raise 2BB to get more people to see the flop but it not really good strategy but sometimes works.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can make 3BB or sometimes 4BB bets. making a big bet like this sends a signal that says: "I have a very good hand", so if 2 or 3 called your bet consider good hands for them too

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard 3bb. Theres a better tactic. You use much more variation so sometimes you bet bigger sometimes on the smaller side so they dont think you have a big hand. This way you can conceal your hand. Its not easy to master but once you do its highly profitable.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Following the instructions on the strategy of the game, you need to bet 4bb. If you bet less then more players call before the flop. This will lower your chance of winning. Delat allin is also not recommended.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of how long you are in the table,type of players as opponents and how they see you.School example of this play is you want to raise at least 5bb and to eliminate almost all players but never all.That would be the perfect starting phase of play with this hand.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The less players you face the better. You definitely want to raise, just enough to get one or two calls but not so much as you don't want to scare everyone out. So 3BB, 4BB, more or even all in ? In my opinion they are all correct and acceptable raises, it all depends on the table dynamics you are on. The faster the table and the more active and aggressive your opponents are, the higher your raise should be. And after all, no matter what your actions could be, you cannot predict what a donk or a maniac would do. I had my AAs cracked yesterday by 42 off, having moved all in after the guy had raised to 4BB !!! Go figure....

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually do classic 3BB. Sometimes I'm doing small raise 2BB to get more people to see the flop but it not really good strategy but sometimes works.

I don't like to play so light, so as not to attract a lot of people, nor so heavy so as not to scare everyone. The gradation between strong and weak will depend on the table.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you have full table and you are in first position playing cash game and you got AA,How much you should bet before flope and how many players you should get in a hand?

Usually 3x is the standard open online.

If you are playing live it will often be 5x or even bigger.

Ideally with AA you only want one or two callers (and the best situation is when they reraise you!)

You can't choose how many players come into the pot tho, that will usually be determined by the cards everyone is dealt!

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard is 3BB, but when I play small buy in tournament I used to bet 4-5BB because I want max 1 or 2 callers

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree 3bb is somewhat standard but you also need to consider the players at your table. If there a few LAG players your 3bb bet might just get called by 3 or 4 opponents...something you want to avoid. If there are a few aggressive players in the game try a 4.5-5 bb raise. That will help to reduce the chance of a multi-way pot and, as a bonus, you might get called by a non-believer.....a player who thinks your bet is an early steal attempt.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should place a 3-4 bet in most cases. It is necessary that at least one person enters the flop. Try to play differently depending on the opponents.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like raising preflop is a must when you have an upper tier hand. Tread lightly and know the opponents you are playing against but limping in with a good pocket pair or AK is almost always gonna get you in some trouble.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA I would triple the highest bet in the preflop, and if I was in late positions I would bet 25% of my chips regardless of the number of players and most of them would surely fold.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i have AA in hands and I'm first to act I will bet triple BB.

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i am raise 3BB , but then have too much risiko, so not the best. Sometimes i am raise allin and hope somebody call and we will see the flopps. Pokerstras lot of times give double pair one party , so many times call.

S

SouthernCroix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't know what ringsize youre playing or at what stakes.

If I'm playing AA from SB and its folded to me, I go 3 to 3.5X. I'm happy pinching the BB in that spot, if I get a call, we see what the flop has instore. If im under the gun its probably <3.5x

If there are more callers/openbettors I will general raise it quite heavily, as many others have stated, with AA you want as few people in the hand, so you got to make them pay to play.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bet is usually in this case 3 bet

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would tribet then look how many players call max. 4, if someone reraise I would go All IN

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thing 5xbet its good..cos if you make 3x its probaby to call 2 3 player its not good from you...if you have AA or KK...sometimes all in its good idea to elimaneted a player fast :D

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only call with AA and no raise before the flop, so I can more blind win.

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually raise pre-flop if I have a good hand of up to 4 BB. all-in before the flop if I have an A or K pair.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t change your bet size for AA. It will alert observant opponents to your hand strength. Conceal your edge.

sarvari_ati

sarvari_ati

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yesterday I'm all in with AA
And lose
Come 4 spades :(
The following cards AK
And lose again
I have K pair
And four spade on table.
Opponent have flush :D
I am out.