Best way to handle SB overbet

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLH $2-$4, 8 players. UTG Hero opens 4xBB with :kc4::kd4: and SB raises 30BBs. Do you shove and risk blowing him out or reraise to try stack the villain later? Hero certain he will only call with big pocket pairs and nothing less because of reads. Hero ended up min raising. Villain checked to a flop of :ac4::10c4::5d4:. Hero shoved and villain called.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLH $2-$4, 8 players. UTG Hero opens 4xBB with :kc4::kd4: and SB raises 30BBs. Do you shove and risk blowing him out or reraise to try stack the villain later? Hero certain he will only call with big pocket pairs and nothing less because of reads. Hero ended up min raising. Villain checked to a flop of :ac4::10c4::5d4:. Hero shoved and villain called.

Thank you for your post. With AA & KK I will 4Bet roughly 2.5x the 3Bet. Regardless of the postflop outcome of this hand I don't recommend just going all in unless the size of your shove makes since relative to the pot size. Don't overbet the pot and scare away a lose player getting out of line. If your 4bet is called it'll be hard for your opponent to fold after the flop because he has most of his stack committed already. If villian 5bet jams then call everytime. Some of the time you will get KK vs AA and lose or the opposite. In my opinion you will be profitable in the long run with this play. I do not recommend this strategy with AK or QQ. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands