hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Once competent players observe this and figure out what you are doing, they will adjust and not get into a hand with you unless they have a very strong hand, thus limiiting you winnings. Now that strategy could be very lucrative at a party/drinking/fun table.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
cool strategy only if you play like this can you survive after you give a lot of chips to your opponent you will have to recoup and you won't be able to sit like this and wait for the right card

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I use a top cash game strategy
I only use high cards and pairs, and the button has aces of the same suit.
call only with pairs and some higher suit cards
Why don't you use medium connectors?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also often play tight. But using a small range of cards leads to a small number of hands played. Accordingly, you have to be patient. However, getting top cards does not guarantee a win. After all, it will be more difficult for you to fold the top pair when the opponent's trash hand on the preflop suddenly turns into a monster on the board.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like to play fast forward games, but when I do, I usually play tight aggressively. Also, I use my position to try to steal blinds.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good strategy I do this a alot too however since this is a fast forward cash game, players will put note on you, and they will easily recognize your game patterns and it gets harder for you to win with those maid hands after a while, and will end up losing a lot of blinds or getting tangled with some higher pocket pair oppnent might have, it is always good to mix it up a bit with some unconventional hands like Q7 suited ir J5 suited.

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Its a good strategy for fast forward because even high level players have a very limited info on your play style

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its a good strategy for fast forward because even high level players have a very limited info on your play style
the player pool is really not very big at all. It doesn't take long to know who the regs. are, who the recreational players are... and who the bad recs. are. Most (if not all) regs. are 4-tabling those games. In the past you could check to see who was 4-tabling in the lobby, now you can only see that on GGPoker. But if you were to calculate it out, when you see 120 player sitting on those tables, 20 to 25 of them are 4-tabling... a handful are 2-tabling and very few are 1-tabling. It's quite simple to detect who is who in a short period of time. Also, on the sites that allow the use of a HUD, it doesn't take very long on those tables to get a decent sized sample of hands.
And lastly, those tables are known for their extremely aggressive play. (WAY more aggressive than regular tables & the regulars are better than normal tables as well).

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's OK strategy to start from and don't lose money (probably). But by the time you will need to widen your range and learn how to play in other positions, because otherwise you will limit yourself too much and underearn much chips/money. It's not too much about cards really, but about strategy and exploiting your opponent's weaknesses, because you are hit the table not so often ;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing is not to play with junk, because it usually leads to losses. But I generally prefer tournaments. Cash games are more difficult for me.