Beginner mistakes

T

The horse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this quarantine I started with a bank of $ 20 in GGpoker and I was not doing so bad since I got to raise $ 100. All very nice until the day came when I wanted to try to play in NL5 in which at first it was not so bad, but then I started to lose boxes which I was quite desperate until it crossed my mind to enter NL25 to see if I could recover what I lost in NL5 but everything happened, I would tell that day I lost $ 70 it was one of the worst days of my life as a poker player then I continued playing in NL2 with a bad strategy and a disastrous mental game which led me to lose all my bankroll. Well this was basically an example of what you should never do if you want to achieve something in poker. If you liked this brief summary of my experience please I ask you for a like and that you leave your comment or you can also leave me your questions. thanks for your attention.:)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a very common story of, how people bust their bankroll. Especially the part about moving up to an even higher limit “to win it back quickly”. As you probably already know, the right course of action, when an attempt to move up fails, is to do the opposite and move back down again to rebuild. Hopefully you have learned that now and can find more discipline managing your next deposit :)

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we need to win losses back quickly it's time to hit the roulette tables :p

I jest, hope you learned you lesson OP and can have a successful bankroll strategy moving forward.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard cashing money you lose in poker cause you think your good but them other bad players win more then not

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands did you play in nl2 to get it from $20 to $100? You had to run very hot.

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going from NL5 to NL25 to recover what was lost is very difficult because you will face higher level players who can take everything from you. It is better to go down to NL2 if you have a bad streak so that the losses are minimal and when that bad streak passes you can recover little by little. Once you are winning well, level up to NL5 and so on to have logical progress. This applies when you are playing correct poker.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to hear you lost all your money, but that's the best way to learn how not to manage your bankroll. Yesterday I was doing pretty bad in cash games, but I managed to recover a little and ended up losing not too much.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The same thing has happened to me many times ..... I usually lose my head for wanting to recover what I lost quickly and that is where I lose even more. Regards.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The same thing has happened to me many times ..... I usually lose my head for wanting to recover what I lost quickly and that is where I lose even more. Regards.

I do the same, this is because we are in the process of an addict. even lose your underwear.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this quarantine I started with a bank of $ 20 in GGpoker and I was not doing so bad since I got to raise $ 100. All very nice until the day came when I wanted to try to play in NL5 in which at first it was not so bad, but then I started to lose boxes which I was quite desperate until it crossed my mind to enter NL25 to see if I could recover what I lost in NL5 but everything happened, I would tell that day I lost $ 70 it was one of the worst days of my life as a poker player then I continued playing in NL2 with a bad strategy and a disastrous mental game which led me to lose all my bankroll. Well this was basically an example of what you should never do if you want to achieve something in poker. If you liked this brief summary of my experience please I ask you for a like and that you leave your comment or you can also leave me your questions. thanks for your attention.:)

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a common mistake to level up to recover what you lost and in the end you will lose everything

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chasing losses to get even is pretty common. Not healthy and it all takes one big pot going against you to lose it all. I've been guilty of it, 3 or 4 times in my first month of playing, lucky for me everytime it magically worked out. It shouldn't mean that I should continue doing it, No, Its bad bankroll management. I think one should overcame the urge to recover losses, its ok to lose. one should focuse on making good decision and whenever hitting a downswing, big or small, just hit the reset button, take a short break and come back next day fresh. Its a marathon not a sprint.

8infinity8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has totally happened to me. I didn't like tournaments back then. I only thought cash tables were the best. But I only lost what I earned through freerolls. So I didn't mind and I am better at managing emotions. Then I switched completely to tournaments and things have been better since. I do play cash tables once in a while, micro stakes.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it was excitement? What cards did you come there with? I think they were waiting for you there) the desire will double very dangerous:icon_sant

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The losing streak is coming out of the right strategy, I don’t think you should go for a bigger bet to get back the money you lost there. I made a mistake like that too and didn’t come in.

DRIVEN

DRIVEN

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Embrace your loses. Do not rush for big stakes. Higher limits mean better players. You'll be robbed.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this was basically an example of what you should never do if you want to achieve something in poker. If you liked this brief summary of my experience please I ask you for a like and that you leave your comment or you can also leave me your questions. thanks for your attention.:)
I think it is amazing that you are able to clearly see that you took the wrong path on this one day! When your head is tilted like this remember that above all we need to pay attention to bankroll management! Thank you for sharing your experience.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When in a situation like this better take a break. Trying to recuperate what u lost usually will bring more bankruptcy but the odds are alway 50-50 :)

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
quarantine and poker

the fat that i was forced to stay indoors for a prolonged period of time due to the pandemic, i have taken the interest in becoming a professional poker player, i have watched many lessons and ways to put strategy into game play as well as being able to deduce situations

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I limit myself to a max amount I will lose on cash tables. Usually 2 buyins. If I lose that I'm bailing. Chasing losses is a sure way to go broke and I would expect you were probably tilting at this point which is usually bad news.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something similar happened to me I started to lose and I got to play all in or fold and there I lost almost everything

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play Nl 5 with bank of 100 and try to get comfortable there