Been gone since December - here is what I learned

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is REALLY tough. If you want to make a buck or two, you need to be playing live.

I have also learned that cash games are far too much of a grind, and eventually removes the "fun" in poker.

So I am now happy with playing a live tournament and will rarely play cash games....

Anyhow... more power to you guys!!

K

KingTurd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works better for you then that's all that matters! I have a hard time playing for hours on end with nothing to show for it in a tournament but the thrill is much higher in tournaments.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker is REALLY tough. If you want to make a buck or two, you need to be playing live.

I have also learned that cash games are far too much of a grind, and eventually removes the "fun" in poker.

So I am now happy with playing a live tournament and will rarely play cash games....

Anyhow... more power to you guys!!

I agree man, I have played cash games and many times I have nothing to show or I bust out.

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments are what I like. Nothing like making a final table and watching people get eliminated. A good friend of mine who plays 1000NL ( alot of heads up) professionally onling says that tournaments are a lot harder since Harrington's books came out. Everybody started doing the same thing. But yeah - you have to be suppperrr gooood to beat cash games. My friend is one of the smartest people I know and used to play chess tournaments etc...

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This of course perfectly if you have the opportunity to play "live" poker! But many people do not have such an opportunity for various reasons! So the only way to play your favorite poker game is on line!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good post man poker is darn tough that is why we all like it if it were too easy and no challenge nobody would want to play good luck in your live games which can also be very tough