BB blues: $5-$10 NLH

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 handed average aggressive table. One middle limper and Hero with QQ in BB raises to 5xBB. Villain limper reraises to $120. Hero shoves. Stacks are both 350 BB and Villain calls and flips over AKo. I think the V made a dubious call and got lucky by flopping a K but should lose money with this hand long term.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you shove 350 BB into a 18 BB pot with QQ after V limp re-raises? AK has the benefit of card removal blocking AA and KK cutting those 12 combos into 6. QQ doesn't really block anything useful. I think your play is more long term losing than V. V can easily fold all of his weaker hands and bluffs to your jam and call in position with KK+, AK. Which has your specific hand beat 60/40. If he can see your hand then sure he's a slight dog and should be folding to such a large bet but it's not a crazy call if he thinks you can have AK and QQ in your range (which you probably do). Are you making the same jam with KK or AA? I doubt it.

I'd recommend 4 betting to 30 BB since we are OOP and playing poker. You haven't given any reads but based on the player we can still then fold to the 5 bet or call it off or jam over top based on the player. If we make it to a flop and there's no Ace or K we are much less likely to get it in bad. As played we got called by probably the worst hand he has in his range and we are still only ahead 57/43. Many times we'll be in much worse shape than that.

G

Gorblimey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, if anyone's interested I play on Sportsbetting.ag. But I'm not about to disclose my handle.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if anyone's interested I play on Sportsbetting.ag. But I'm not about to disclose my handle.
Thanks for the info but this is way over my head. I've only played 10/10 once and it was live. There you could buy in for 300 BB though. If you feel like you want to gamble and stake me I'd be happy to profit share though lol

Last edited: