Basic tips for PLO 0.02/0.04?

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. I found an article through this forum about the softest poker rooms to play at. I tried unibet and managed to finish ITM in one of my first four beginner tournaments. So I won a full buy-in for 0.02/0.04 PLO (4$) and get to keep any cash I have after seeing 300 flops.

So basically.. I am wondering what tips you can give me regarding PLO cash game!

I'm trying to see flops right now with medium to strong hands. (double suited, 3x broadway+, pairs with decent kickers and combinations like 4card straight or with one gap) Gotten lucky a couple of times and managed to rake in some profits already.. Quads over boat for example :D However, basic strategy is kinda missing...

What else could I try to do after selecting hands that I want to play. What's PLO cash game playstyle post flop? How much different is it from NLHE?

I can use any and every tip! ;)

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch a few youtube videos where the coach is playing live and discussing hands. Especially when new to the game, having higher standards for which preflop hands to play is better than playing a lot of hands.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch a few youtube videos where the coach is playing live and discussing hands. Especially when new to the game, having higher standards for which preflop hands to play is better than playing a lot of hands.

Thanks for your reply! Do you have a recommendation for a channel on YouTube?

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Found 3hrs of footage where Lex Veldhuis teaches Marc-Andre Ladouceur the basics of PLO.

Anyone else got some tips for me? :)

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice find, maybe I can learn now too enough to try it.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone. I found an article through this forum about the softest poker rooms to play at. I tried Unibet and managed to finish ITM in one of my first four beginner tournaments. So I won a full buy-in for 0.02/0.04 PLO (4$) and get to keep any cash I have after seeing 300 flops.

So basically.. I am wondering what tips you can give me regarding PLO cash game!

I'm trying to see flops right now with medium to strong hands. (double suited, 3x broadway+, pairs with decent kickers and combinations like 4card straight or with one gap) Gotten lucky a couple of times and managed to rake in some profits already.. Quads over boat for example :D However, basic strategy is kinda missing...

What else could I try to do after selecting hands that I want to play. What's PLO cash game playstyle post flop? How much different is it from NLHE?

I can use any and every tip! ;)
You got the ticket in the newcomer freeroll 500?
If yes, I played those, but dumped my chips to avoid getting a PLO ticket (only the first tickets after itm were NLH).

Not sure which one, but one of the unibet sponsored (pro?) players like Ian Simpson played omaha on twitch.

Unibet has PLO freerolls as 12:05 and 16:05, but this is a lot of bingo (too many players in every pot), but good to practice.

Somewhere I read: only play top 30 hands, the list is even in cc articles.
I found I hardly get these hands, so a bit more relaxed:
- minimum 1 pair and 2 suited cards (highest of the suited cards >9)
In general, but I guess you already know:
- 2 pair is easy to get
- straights and flushes, even full house happen much more often in omaha than holdem
- cc Ryan (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/ask-ryan-laplante-about-tournaments-353915/) advised for omaha: tight preflop, agressive post flop

good luck!

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got the ticket in the newcomer freeroll 500?
If yes, I played those, but dumped my chips to avoid getting a PLO ticket (only the first tickets after itm were NLH).

Not sure which one, but one of the unibet sponsored (pro?) players like Ian Simpson played omaha on twitch.

Unibet has PLO freerolls as 12:05 and 16:05, but this is a lot of bingo (too many players in every pot), but good to practice.

Somewhere I read: only play top 30 hands, the list is even in cc articles.
I found I hardly get these hands, so a bit more relaxed:
- minimum 1 pair and 2 suited cards (highest of the suited cards >9)
In general, but I guess you already know:
- 2 pair is easy to get
- straights and flushes, even full house happen much more often in omaha than holdem
- cc Ryan (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/ask-ryan-laplante-about-tournaments-353915/) advised for omaha: tight preflop, agressive post flop

good luck!

Yeah I got one of the tickets! So far managed to triple the starting value, and only about 70/300 flops to see. Thanks for your advice, I'll try to incorporate the 1pair/2suited cards combination in my starting range!

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your reply! Do you have a recommendation for a channel on YouTube?

I recommend "Fast Lane to Omaha" on YouTube. It's a series recorded in 2012, but a lot of the information is still just as relevant today. Definitely a good PLO course for beginners.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend "Fast Lane to Omaha" on YouTube. It's a series recorded in 2012, but a lot of the information is still just as relevant today. Definitely a good PLO course for beginners.

I hope this is better, the first one was for pro level players.

Poker Tips