Bankroll Management - How many Big Blinds to Buy-In With?

A

aryano1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In realy what buy in bb is enough .I think 30 to 50 buy in is enough for cash games .Someone says it's should be minimum 100 buyin another says 50 to 100 ..What you say ??

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100 buy-in is ideal for you to be able to 'overcome' the variance that you'll surely pass, but I think it depends a lot on how many tables you'll play...

For example. if you're only playing just ONE table cash game $0.01/$0.02 and you consider yourself a good player, I don't see any problem with you having only 20/30 buy-ins.

If you choose to play with 20/30 buy-ins, set a 'loss limit', as they do in the stock market. In the stock market, they always try to sell a stock as fast as possible to avoid larger losses and this is how you should treat your bankroll.

Set a loss limit such as 3 buy-ins in a row, for example.
Lost 3 buy-ins in a row? Stop playing and go relax for a while, returning to the game the next day.

Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In realy what buy in bb is enough .I think 30 to 50 buy in is enough for cash games .Someone says it's should be minimum 100 buyin another says 50 to 100 ..What you say ??
With me it will depend on variables.
In relation to your bankroll, how interested are you in this table?
What is attracting you to this table and who is playing?
Have you observed this table awhile and how well do you think you will do in this competition?

What is your bankroll and how many BBs do you want to spend to test your luck?
Simply the buy-in amount should cover the number of BBs to get a real feel for the table.
30-50 should be more than enough to see how you do. ;)

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on what your comfortable with. I'm only recently back playing but I liked to play 100 with buy ins. Meant I rarely moved up the stakes but also meant no huge swings I couldn't handle losing.

B

Barbarik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on what your comfortable with. I'm only recently back playing but I liked to play 100 with buy ins. Meant I rarely moved up the stakes but also meant no huge swings I couldn't handle losing.
Right thoughts, you say right.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wel i like smaller buyin so i can play realy agressive and know wont lose too much!!

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100, you want to maximise the most you can win.

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 100BB stack for 30-50 buy-ins is good for most players, but it depends on your level of play and risk tolerance. I believe 100 buy-ins it too much for a cash game.

For MMT I would have 50-100 buy-ins.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think For cash games you should have at least 40-60 buy-ins to resist variance it would be a nice bankroll management maybe a little conservative But makes me feel more confortable ...

Also I'm one of those who believe that you should buy-in with 100BB big stack strategy is the one I like the most also is the best for beginners trying to become professionals ...

Right now I'm playing NL5 (0.02 / 0.05) on party poker I started with a 50$ bankroll which is 10 buy ins (hehehe little low but is all I had)... hope to take it to 500$ and start doing shoots for NL10 Wish me luck all this online of course I don't have experience on live games yet :D

T

TJH90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got to buyin with 100, overcome variance and you can win the most.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody is suggesting 100Buy ins but in reality if you want to climb the limits (that means you are not staying at your maximum limit where you cant beat higher stakes) 100 Buyin is far too much and is slowing down your progress (climbing the stakes).

Not saying that its bad - its can just kill your winrate if you get stuck somewhere for too long when you could comfortably take a shot at higher stakes.

All depends how comfortable you are at your current limit, what are your goals (ie playing for fun or moving upstakes) and mostly what is your winrate. If you are crushing 2NL 40BB/100 (which is definitely achievable) then you can just have 20BI and it wont be a problem.

That being said its kinda normal that professional players at higher stakes face a downswing of 40 or even more buy ins. You can compensate this with higher volume but you gotta expect that downswings will come.

GL

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a winning player, defintely buy in the full amount (>=100bb).

You need that to get the most money out of good hands. Especially online multi-tabling.

Offline it depends on your play style, but I would also recommend 100bb.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah so It turns out I probably misunderstood the original question.

If you are asking about how much BIG BLINDS should you take to the table, the answer is 100

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management