Bad fold

C

codybennett14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played my first session of 5/10 in vegas and it was a blast i made 60 but did leave the game because i just felt i dodnt really have an edge any any of the players there id say 4 out of 9 play for a living at the table. Had one interesting hand come up that i had no idea what to do. Im in BB 1600 effective with A8 of hearts folds to low jack who raises to 40 SB villian calls 3500 effective from what i have noticed active player raises frequently from cutoff button , wide range. Villian calls , i call (like defended moderate suited ace when i already have 10 in pot) flop come jc/8D/3S checks through. Turn is 8C villian bets 60 i raise to 155 low jack folds villian calls. River is 7H villian checks i bet 220. Villian takes very little time and shoves puts me all in . So now i have trips with an ace kicker the board is paired and there is a straight on the board. I take a little time and realize ok the most obvious straight gets there on the river 9/10 and he just raised me roughly 1100 so i end up thinking he has the straight beat. I put him on 8S/7S and... fold.. looking back at it having the ace really sucks and almost made me call. I think just because i have that ace with the trips it may be a call.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
villain could have - 33, 9T, Jx thinking you who missed the flush draw, ( 8x is improbable) or a missed flush draw bluff
very tough decision after this all in... I think is not a "bad fold"at all.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest checking the EV of this hand... There's no way of knowing opponent's hand, so only way to know if it was a good decision or not is to check the EV.
Now, +EV doesn't mean you will win everytime, you might lose 10 times in a row making +EV calls, but in the long run, mathematically you will win more money than losing money.

Folding in Poker