Autofold your junk hands in multi-tabling?

B

briliantpeble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would it be useful to be able auto-fold your junk hands in multi-tabling?
I think there is a way.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very useful, but there are some rare situations that arise where junk hands will win you money.

W

William Martin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what you define as junk. A-10 off-suit is junk in my book. Don't think that most would agree though!

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what you define as junk. A-10 off-suit is junk in my book. Don't think that most would agree though!

It IS junk at a full table. 6 handed, not so much. I am sure OP is talking about multi tabling full ring.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um try clickin the auto fold button lol.

Do you mean like a script tht will fold certain hands automatically without you being required to press a button?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um try clickin the auto fold button lol.

Do you mean like a script tht will fold certain hands automatically without you being required to press a button?

I think that is what he means, yes.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea sounds like you want a preflop bot!!!!!! lol i wouldnt mind one of those. Then when i go on a bad run i would no i wasnt playing to many hands pf, which is usually the problem :D

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want a pre-flop bot all you need to do is have a starting hand chart and DISCIPLINE - Of course, if it were that simple, we'd all do it.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so a program that autofolds pre-set junk hands is an extremely horrible idea, because there is always a certain situation where these junk hands can come in to play, like stated above, by me.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so a program that autofolds pre-set junk hands is an extremely horrible idea, because there is always a certain situation where these junk hands can come in to play, like stated above, by me.

agree

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it would be a handy tool for the actual poker room to set up. (assuming the whole "is poker rigged" thing is not true! lol)

I don't have the time for play for five or six hours, so when I play in bigger tourneys with well over 1000 players that first couple of hours i'm invaribaly folding the majority of hands.

I'm usually also working (i work online) and doing some of the more mundane tasks that I can do while waiting for a playable hand.

I would love to be able to fold say, every 72 offsuit, etc and not have to keep going backward and forward between screens.

But hey, thats just me. some people have half a day to play in tournaments

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it would be a handy tool for the actual poker room to set up. (assuming the whole "is poker rigged" thing is not true! lol)

I don't have the time for play for five or six hours, so when I play in bigger tourneys with well over 1000 players that first couple of hours i'm invaribaly folding the majority of hands.

I'm usually also working (i work online) and doing some of the more mundane tasks that I can do while waiting for a playable hand.

I would love to be able to fold say, every 72 offsuit, etc and not have to keep going backward and forward between screens.

But hey, thats just me. some people have half a day to play in tournaments

Or some people play poker because they enjoy playing so dont mind how long it takes and folding 2,7 is part of the fun

killerrat

killerrat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never auto fold!!!!! this will take away from your table image and let you bet yourself into a corner.

killerrat

killerrat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you want to see every hand and take some time before folding even though it is a no brainer. Let them thinkyou are having a hard time letting it go. This alone strenghtens you image and makes you a respectable player at the table.....

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never auto fold!!!!! this will take away from your table image and let you bet yourself into a corner.

what? How does instantly folding take away from your image? What would opponents do different that would hurt you if you folded instantly? I disagree.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually auto-fold junk hands, but there was a situation today in a bodog tourney where I took quite a long time. We had one player that kept saying zzzzzzzzzzzzz every time someone took more than about 3 seconds to decide what to do, so I took much longer than usual to fold until eventually they stopped saying zzzzzzzzzzzzz :D Bit immature of me I know, but people like that annoy me...
there is always a certain situation where these junk hands can come in to play, like stated above, by me
Can you please give an example?

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you want to see every hand and take some time before folding even though it is a no brainer. Let them thinkyou are having a hard time letting it go. This alone strenghtens you image and makes you a respectable player at the table.....
Players may also think you are an extremely weak player for being so indecisive with your moves. Just fold normally, whether it be checking the box, or waiting until it is your turn to act.

Can you please give an example?

You are in the big blind with one of these junk hands. Flop hits you big but you have it on auto-check/fold and do not get back to that table in time to react to a bet.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are in the big blind with one of these junk hands. Flop hits you big but you have it on auto-check/fold and do not get back to that table in time to react to a bet.
Ah, I think I may have misunderstood what was being talked about here. I'm talking about folding junk hands in the first round. By the time the flop appears I would have folded anyway. I was expecting your example to be more along the lines of:

I'm BB, everbody folds except me and SB, SB raises, I only have 72os but in this instance I would do such-and-such, whereas an auto-folder would have automatically folded my cards to the raise...

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ah, I think I may have misunderstood what was being talked about here. I'm talking about folding junk hands in the first round. By the time the flop appears I would have folded anyway. I was expecting your example to be more along the lines of:

I'm BB, everbody folds except me and SB, SB raises, I only have 72os but in this instance I would do such-and-such, whereas an auto-folder would have automatically folded my cards to the raise...

That too.

And as the saying goes, one man's trash, is another man's treasure.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what? How does instantly folding take away from your image? What would opponents do different that would hurt you if you folded instantly? I disagree.

^^^^^ this

T

theWizard-50

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't really think that it takes away from your image at all but assuming that it does as you say, i think you more than make up for it by turning your hollywooding time into productive time on other tables where you might have a decision or hand to play out

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker