Auto top up in zoom tables

L

Leo1145

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello guys i normally use the auto top up feture in ps, you guys think is a good thing to do a bad thing to do and why
:jd4:

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive tried getting into the zoom games. But i like to see the whole hand play out if im not involved in the hand. Kinda dont get a second to think in zoom. Which I suppose is the aim lol

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's always a good idea to use the auto top up, as long at you believe you are a +EV player. You should always want a full stack so that if you get a nut hand and someone is willing to go all in against you, you get the maximum possible out of them.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally disabled this feature as I chose a more conservative strategy. This feature is eating up my bankroll decently

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, always top up. If you're not confident in bringing a full stack to a Zoom game, you probably shouldn't be playing in that Zoom game. Zoom is meant to be fast paced and get max value out of nut hands while tossing anything but premium hands. Most people do not have the discipline or patience for this kind of game and always wanting to play a hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I played cash games, I always used auto top-up. As others have said, if you think, you are a winning player, then why not give yourself the best chance to win a big pot? Its also about not complicating the game to much by constantly having to adjust to different stack sizes, when you lose or win a hand. Sure that might happen, because other people play with weird stack sizes, but no need adding to it by doing so yourself.

For the same reason I did sometimes do, what it known as "ratholing", when I played Zoom. If my stack had grown above 200BB, then I left the table and opened another entry to be right back at 100BB. This was because, I felt, I did not have an edge against the field in 200+ BB poker, and I also did not need the extra variance.

If I want to play 40BB poker though, then my choise will always be to play tournaments and not cash games. So if you ask me I would be completely happy, if poker sites simply fixed cash game buyin at 100BB, nothing more and also nothing less :)

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play profitably it is always a good idea to use the fuction, no exceptions. You need to stay with max available buy-in 'cause in this case you could take more money from your opponents.