Auto Rebuy or not to Auto Rebuy?

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guess it depends on my mood, and you would get max profits if you auto rebuy but sometimes you just want to have some patience and let things flow naturally, do you know what I mean?

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I never use autorebuy couse if i lose, i dont know exactly how much.

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game but I try not to auto rebuy or rebuy at all. I will never, ever rebuy into a freebuy!

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When not to auto rebuy: When you expect to lose the money in the table and the money lost is 'somewhat' meaningfull to your roll.

However, even when you expect to lose, but want to learn as fast as possible, you still autobuy.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not auto rebuying will make you less profitable in the long run, because your effective stack might be lower than the others in the table. So when you do get the nuts you can't double up the buyin. Also you can get bullied of your short stack easily.

mrgupta

mrgupta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always auto rebuy, there's not a single time when you shouldn't do that. When you play poker, you should always look for tables that you can beat - tables where you have an edge over your opponents. That means everytime you're not fully stacked, you're letting your opponents get away with loosing less than 100bb, so you're not profiting the way you should when fully stacked.

Ideally if possible, you'd want to be even deeper with a really big whale, you can win even more that way as there are more chances the villain will make a big mistake, whales do not understand stack depth.