At what point do I drop in stakes?

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently playing 5nl.

Started at $100 - shot up to $133 and back down to $90.

Would blame variance for the most part - tilting and bad moves had cost me a lot less. For example, if my QQ had won against the K9s after going all-in pre-flop my BR would be at 100. And these beats are happening a lot more than I had anticipated.

Currently I'm planning to move down to 2nl if I lose one more buy-in since I've been floating in the 90 to 100 dollar region for a while. What do you guys think?

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the standard is to move down when you lost so much that you only have 20 buyins at a lower stake. In your case, move down when you hit $40 and grind it back up.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your BR gets to 80 go down, and how many hands have you play?

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from cash games lol the house always wins. Play more tournaments you will have better chance to tidy up your bank roll then.

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from cash games lol the house always wins. Play more tournaments you will have better chance to tidy up your bank roll then.

who is "the house" in poker?

B

Blair29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
who is "the house" in poker?

Thats the card room and rake. In all honesty though if you play solid poker at 5nl you'll beat the rake.

Tournaments tend to require a bigger starting bankroll, especially the low stake large field ones because the variance is huge.

Sticking to a 20 buy in bankroll strategy is pretty good for cash. if I were starting out all over again I'd probably grind my $100 up to $150 at 0.01 0.02 then move up. if I got back down to $100 id move down.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is certainly needed to go down below, to compensate losses. But take into account that on limits below, money of зарабатыать is longer, it is therefore needed to try not to lose the level on lowering.