AQ with two raisers

P

pokerKKing13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If player A raises a straddle from $4 to $14 holding AQ suited, player B raises to $35 and player C raises all in for $179...what should player A do??

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a player must fold AQ cards, because his card may not play in the hand and he may lose a decent amount of money in this hand, just the other players -B-C-may have cards stronger -AK -KK-AA!

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4 raise often talks about AA hand, so it is too late to fold and wait for a new distribution, where you have more control. I very often find themselves in a situation when I was a thorn dumping AQ, AK, QQ, KK, in a similar deal and I was punished for it. But it is also important at what stage of the tournament you are playing, and the reputation of your opponents. For example, there are situations when player C can have a trash hand on prebuble, when a lot of players with a stack above average become more aggressive. In this case, I would have called. But only if I know that he probably nothing.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he should fold there’s better hands out there and based off the raise their holding AA or KK’s or
it’s an insane bluff regardless definite fold.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just fold you dont need even to think its easy fold

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Its depends a lot of factors.. By books ia just a fold.. But depends if is a player that 3bets a lot but loose hands.. If c player is a tight one ur losing almost everytime so..

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If player A raises a straddle from $4 to $14 holding AQ suited, player B raises to $35 and player C raises all in for $179...what should player A do??

You should fold, even if the other players are LAG you're in a bad spot with a hand that can put you in problems, maybe he did the 4 bet bluff by using his advantage of spot, but still i wouldn't pay to see, cause player B can enter the pot too making things even harder.

R

rgp007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQs are good for 3bet and 3bet calls. Not for an entire stack situation in this scenario.
Always put information on big blinds and stacks sizes

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost certainly a fold. Think about what range of hands someone would typically have to make a 5-bet shove like that for nearly 100 BB. AA, KK, maybe QQ or AKs depending on the player; all hands that you are crushed by. You're flipping with any lower pocket pair, so what hands do you beat? Where do you stand to make profit? Even if your opponent is making this play with KQs and AJs, you're still -EV against their range, even with the dead money (assuming the middle player folds). It would take a very, very loose-aggressive player for a call to be justified here.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had this scenario yesterday and I fold
Especially if the players that re raise have a tight narrow range

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. You're not only out of position even if you flat, then chances are two other players have your outs (The Ace particularly) or might have AA-QQ, AK

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you give us any info about player B and C? You are playing at a table that is being straddled this means 1 of 2 things. Either you are playing with a bunch of loose cannons who enjoy big pots. Or someone started the straddle to invoke action because you are playing with a bunch of TAG players. Which is it? This will help decide whether or not you fold or shove. Thank you! Lets play poker!

I

Inuitinnuendo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3-4 raise often talks about AA hand, so it is too late to fold and wait for a new distribution, where you have more control. I very often find themselves in a situation when I was a thorn dumping AQ, AK, QQ, KK, in a similar deal and I was punished for it. But it is also important at what stage of the tournament you are playing, and the reputation of your opponents. For example, there are situations when player C can have a trash hand on prebuble, when a lot of players with a stack above average become more aggressive. In this case, I would have called. But only if I know that he probably nothing.

Thought this was the cash game forum

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it is a clear " MUCK them fast" !

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. AQ is not a monster card, AA, KK, QQ, AK and anyone pairs is better bro

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fold without even thinking about it and especially without regret.

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a normal game this is a clear fold.

If this is some extravagant game where everyone is just splashing every hand, then it could become a call, but still wouldn't be happy.