Anomaly in PT SnG stats

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is from a little experiment that I've been running with 9 player SnGs.

Here's a screenshot from the blind summary in PokerTracker. VP$IP increases nice and steady as does PFR%, but there's a big negative net at the point when the blinds reach 50/100.

There's no big change elsewhere, except some shifting in the PF AF and Turn AF.

Now, this is at pokerstars, so when the blinds hit 100 it's generally when someone (sometimes me) is in trouble and starts shoving. Plus, the blinds are high enough that they are worth stealing. And now that I look at it, 25/50 is lower than the others too.

How can my PFR% keep increasing but PF AF drops at the next level? And more importantly, how does my PFR% keep gradually increasing but the net suddenly drops, then goes positive again?

If my stats aren't changing except as gradual increases, does that imply the other players are starting to play their own hands better at that point? :confused:

Or, is there just not enough data, and there are a few really big hands that I lost at this point.

Attachments

• 100Blinds.jpg
    100Blinds.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 45
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PF Raise % = Percentage of the time you raise preflop

PFAF = PF Raise % divided by PF Call %

Take 10 hands, if we raise 5, fold 4 and call 1, our PFR% is 50 and our PFAF is 5.

Now let's say we raised 6, called 3 and folded 1. Now our PFR% is 60% but our PFAF is only 2.

Basically, although PFR% and PFAF should correlate to an extent, they won't always, especially given a small sample size.

Re. the leaking money at 50/100, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as your ROI is reasonable - it's entirely possible it's just an anomaly (although I seem to recall leaking money at 50/100 myself in a ~30k hand DB I wiped a while back)

Edit: Oooo, here it is from an old thread of mine.

blindshi0.jpg

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember all this is after only 2000 hands, too. Not the largest sample size.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you coincidently lost a couple big hands or busted at 50/100, you will see that the net won is negative at that level.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all.

I guess my only reason for concern would be that 50/100 tends to be an important stage in Stars STTs.

Do you know if there's a way of exporting/viewing only hands at a certain blind level to make it easier to look into this further?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top right of your screenshot. :p

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doh.

Okay, now where's the export?

I thought I had done something like this before, but maybe that was using the filter, then exporting the filtered results.

Last edited:
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aha! Filter allowing All Hands AFTER selecting blind levels!