All in pre with AK

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather not all-in pre-flop AK unless I had to. AK is a great hand because you can get away from it any time. It's hard to let go of pocket pairs and you're opening yourself up to big losses because of that. If I'm all-in, well, there went my exit strategy.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually play Cash Game, but I don’t want to go all-in preflop with A, K either.
Tournaments or S&Gs are different in this respect, because in most situations there is an all-in ability to preflop the A, K.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the table I play, the type of game and the opponents, there are many factors but if you are in a tournament with few chips, it is advisable to go all-in because it is difficult for you to get a better hand with the few blinds you have. They remain, if you lose well because you lost with one of the two strongest cards in the game, the odds are in your favor, If it is a cash table only 3 bet and if you see some projects completed and nothing has come out on the flop, visualize if are you going to cheat or leave, Greetings.

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing live tournament and had AKs I raised 30k with 10k BB and had about 120K ..opponent raised ALL IN and everyone else FOLD. I was in heads up to call. It was in 120 players and I was 4 players from winning positions. I decided to call and oponnent had 33. But I did lose. Did I something wrong? Should I fold even with this strong hand and losing 30K chips to wait for position? Or was it right decision?

L

luckyrnmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing live tournament and had AKs I raised 30k with 10k BB and had about 120K ..opponent raised ALL IN and everyone else FOLD. I was in heads up to call. It was in 120 players and I was 4 players from winning positions. I decided to call and oponnent had 33. But I did lose. Did I something wrong? Should I fold even with this strong hand and losing 30K chips to wait for position? Or was it right decision?
Are you kidding? no way to fold.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace King - he is also an ace king in Africa. Correct call I think.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its amazing the amount of times i see players in cash games jam all in especially from early position with AK, sometimes its because they do not have a post flop game and dont know their bet sizing or their opponents range, i see AK picked off a lot with small pairs but i also know that for many players who jam AK, they are hoping for the opponent to have any pair QQ or lower due to them having overcards.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it depends on the position, the stack of the other players and their profile

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion AK is a hand that should be played as connector, because is what it is and because is not a made hand, once it needs to be connected to the board, however still being a strong hand to go all in.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
60 % of time I go all in pre with AK I really dont like to play on flop

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't discount AKs against the short stack either, because only AAs will have a big advantage over us, but that rarely happens.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

It all depends on the table opponents, calls and bets etc etc

But....it´s worth the try

Rgds

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If we go all-in, we won't get a lot of chips, but our goal is to earn as many opponent's chips as possible... I would raise 3-5BB and then act aggressively,,, if the prize zone is close, then we play tight, consider this option also ,,,

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
você pode betar alto no pre flop ou dar all in mesmo não sendo um KK ou AA é uma mão forte

N

Nutinowgess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should be first to act or the button

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not a good idea unless you've got position. Or the betting of your opponent has bs cards wrote all over them. Udg you really want to feel the table out before you go putting everything in.